• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By celfred
      Hello,
      Still in my 'teaching game'. Here's my problem : I 'find' all players with a request like

$allPlayers = $pages->find("template=player"); [/code Then, I limit to players belonging to the team of the logged in player with [code] $teamPlayers = $allPlayers->find("team=$loggedPlayer->team");
      No problem so far. But my scoreboards rely on either :

$allPlayers->getItemKey($loggedPlayer);
      or

$teamPlayers->getItemKey($loggedPlayer);
      to find the logged player's position in the charts.
      On the 'global' newboard with scoreboards based upon $allPlayers, everything works as expected.
      BUT on my 'team' newsboard, even though I'm using $teamPlayers, the returned indexes are based upon $allPlayers. Am I clear ? In other words, I have a total of 125 players, and my logged player is 61 out of 125 regarding the number of places he freed. But in his particular team of 25 players, he sould be 15 whereas he's still 61
      I'd like to reset my indexes (and start back from 0), but I can't find my way out of this...
      If someone has a hint to help, I'd appreciate.
      I have a second part in my worry : I had a way around it by simply making another 'raw' request :

$teamPlayers = $pages->find("team=$loggedPlayer->team");
      Then my team indexes were right, but I faced another issue : Reordering my wirearray according to the scoreboard I want usually worked fine (simple sort() based upon an integer field, for example, player's coins, player's karma...) and indexes were updated BUT resorting with places.count ('places' field is a pageArray) doesn't update the indexes returned by getItemKey and my logged player is always at the position he was when I first did my initial $pages->find() query  
      So my way around found its limit and that's why I'm posting here, after struggling with this for a couple of hours...
      Thanks in advance for the help. 
    • By SwimToWin
      I am using ProcessWire as the back-end to manage contents on multiple sites (I call them "sub-domains"). I use ProcessWire as an editing system and database only. The ProcessWire templating system is not in use. I want to use ProcessWire's API and in particular the Include & Bootstrap method to output contents -- pretty much in the same way you do, if contents is stored in a MySQL database and output in PHP files that use PDO to load data.
      The issue is that I cannot get ProcessWire to fully work on each of the "sub-domains".
      https://processwire.com/api/include/ says:

> You can do anything with ProcessWire's API that you can do from a template,
      > so all of this still applies, as does everything in the developer API.
      How can I get access to variables such as $input when using Include & Bootstrap?
      I tried these:
      $wire->pages->get("/foo/bar/"); echo "Segment1: " . $wire->input->urlSegment1; # Returns null $wire->pages->get("/foo/bar/"); echo "Segment1: " . $wire->input()->urlSegment1; # Internal Server Error $p = $wire->pages->get("/foo/bar/"); echo "Segment1: " . $p->input->urlSegment1; # Returns null $p = $wire->pages->get("/foo/bar/"); echo "Segment1: " . $p->input()->urlSegment1; # Returns null @ryan Can the API Variables documentation be updated with a section / an example that explain how to use "Include & Bootstrap" for each variable (since this is a really strong feature in ProcessWire)?
      $page $pages - Example: $homepage = $wire->pages->get("/"); $input $sanitizer $session $fields $user $log $templates $config
    • By noelboss
      Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm haveing a hard time to get absolute urls if PW is installed in a subdirectory thought the API...
      I need an absolute URL for the backend (as a redirect url of Oauth provider). To build the url i would normaly use
      url()->root.url()->admin – but this results in the install-path beeing present twice;
      domain.com/path/ + path/admin/
      In order to not use $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] I fetch the admin page from pages – but this is also not to easy since I need to remove the root folder from path as well. My current solution is somewhat complicated:
      $backendUrl = pages()->get('path="'.str_replace(urls()->root, '', urls()->admin).'", include=all')->httpUrl; The above code seems to be the savest way to get the absolute url to the backend using pure PW API, am I right?
      It would be great if one could fetch absolute urls with something like this
      $backendUrl = urls()->admin->httpUrl // or $backendUrl = httpUrls()->admin  
      SOLVED:
      Thank you @adrian – of course this HAD to be simpler:
      urls()->httpAdmin;  
    • By Peter Knight
      Is the template name a value which I can display?
      I've read the API docs re. template names and tried a few things including below but nothing works so far.
      Template is: {$page->$template->name} FYI I'm building a small 'helper' section in a footer which is only visible to admins and it will display page ID, template name and a link to edit the page.
      Everything working apart from displaying the template name.

• By burning
      Hi all,
      Im currently building a photo sharing website and have a first version finished. Next step is to incorporate notifications in the website if a user likes one of your photo's, or comments on a photo you posted.
      Just like the notification bell at the top of the forums. Any idea how to approach this functionality?
      Thanks in advance.