• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By burning
      Hi all,
      Im currently building a photo sharing website and have a first version finished. Next step is to incorporate notifications in the website if a user likes one of your photo's, or comments on a photo you posted.
      Just like the notification bell at the top of the forums. Any idea how to approach this functionality?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By louisstephens
      I have been looking up everything I can to try to find what's going wrong with this. I have a very simple form (title and file field set to multiple) that will create a new page with the name and attachments. However, it appears that I am missing something crucial as only 1 item gets uploaded to the field. Here is my code:
      <?php $uploadpage = new Page(); $uploadpage->template = "dashboard"; $uploadpage->parent = $pages->get("/testing/"); $uploadpage->title = $sanitizer->text($input->post->new_title); $uploadpage->save(); $uploadpage->setOutputFormatting(false); $u = new WireUpload('test_upload'); $u->setMaxFiles(6); $u->setOverwrite(false); $u->setDestinationPath($uploadpage->test_upload->path()); $u->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'pdf')); foreach($u->execute() as $filename) { $uploadpage->test_upload->add($filename); } $uploadpage->save(); ?> I have the max files set to 6, and have a foreach loop to add the files, but it is only uploading one. Does anyone see where I might have gone astray?
    • By louisstephens
      So maybe has already figured this out, but I am stumped. I have a field (test_field) that is set to pdfs, and I was trying to get a count of the number of pdfs in that field so I could add it to a status bubble on the front end. I tried:
      function testPDF() { $a = $page->test_field->count(); echo "<span class=\"bubble\">" . $a . "</span>"; } but it is returning "NULL" . I currently have 3 added to the field. I also tried putting this function in _func.php, though I need to use wire('pages'), but I only need to get the count for that specific page, so I am sort of at a loss of how to proceed.
    • By sirhc
      Hi all,
      Im looking for a selector that gets the pages added a specific time frame (eg. from yesterday 9:00pm to today 9:00pm).
      Is there a existing selector im missing or does someone now a good solution for this?
      Thanks in advance .
    • By celfred
      Hello,
      Just a simple (I think) question which is in the title of my post.
      Roughly speaking : here's my code (made-up because my real function is so long... I don't want to post it all here )

function updateScore($player, $task, $real = true) { [...] $player->score = $player->score+$task->score; if ($task->name == 'new-equipment') {   $new-eq = $pages->get("name=sword");   $player->equipment->add($new-eq); } if ($real == true) {   $player->save(); } }
      Everything works fine when I call updateScore($player, $task, true), but if I call updateScore($player, $task, false), scores are untouched, but the equipment gets added !
      It used to work fine on PW2.7 but my update to PW 3.0.62 seems to have broken this... Is there a simple explanation ? I keep reading my code over and over and this is driving me crazy...
      Thanks !