Sign in to follow this  
timothy.m.wilson

Trying to save multiple page reference fields.

Good afternoon,

I am attempting to loop through approximately 600 XML nodes. Each of those nodes has 2 child nodes (example below). One is an id for an existing page and the other contains values for a page reference field. I have put together a loop (below as well) to attempt to save each page with the label values. This all works....once. After getting the first XML node "label" saved to the correct page, nothing else is saved. I'm sure there is probably something that I have overlooked. But, I am also very new to this CMS. I'm hoping there is a veteran user who may be able to point me in the right direction. 

<row>
    <id>1041</id>
    <labels>lifestyle|savings</labels>
  </row>

foreach ($xml->row as $items) {

//get page id to update and set output formatting to false
        $blog_page = $pages->get('id='.$items->id);
        $blog_page->of(false);

//create array from pipe separated label values
        $labelsArray = explode('|', $items->labels);

//loop through array to get page ids by page name
        $labelIDS = array();
        foreach ($labelsArray as $labelValue) {

$labelPage = $pages->get('name='.$labelValue);
            array_push($labelIDS, $labelPage->id);

}

//add labels to label field in post
        $blog_page->labels = $labelIDS;

//save page
        $blog_page->save();

}

Wild guess, maybe it's only finding the first blog post, and not the others. I'm not sure $blog_page->labels = $labelIDS; works, since it's assigning plain arrays to a PageArray (as all page fields --set to accept multiple pages-- are).

Try this one. I replaced multiple calls to DB with $pages->findIds, which makes single call, so it's faster. I also replaced $blog_page->labels = $labelIDS; with PageArray::add($ids) method, which can take single id or array of ids (not documented but it works). As labels in your XML set as label1|label2, suitable as $pages selector, you dont need to split it.

Uncomment echo statements to see what pages are the issue

<row>
	<id>1041</id>
	<labels>lifestyle|savings</labels>
</row>

<?php 

foreach ($xml->row as $items) {

//get page id to update and set output formatting to false
        $blog_page = $pages->get('id='.$items->id);
        if(! $blog_page->id) {
        	// echo for debugging
        	// echo "Cant find page with id $items->id <br/>";
        	continue;
        }

// Get matching page ids at once, returns array of ids
        // https://processwire.com/api/ref/pages/find-i-ds/
        $labelIDS = $pages->findIds("name=$items->labels");

if(! count($labelIDS)) {
        	// echo for debugging
        	// echo "Cant find labels $items->labels for page $items->id\n";
        	continue;
        }

$blog_page->of(false);
        $blog_page->labels->add($labelIDS);
        $blog_page->save();
}

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this