When having English as another language (not the default one)...

Christophe

When having a multilingual website, and adding French as default with the fr title, and English as en with the en title, if the superuser user has its language set to English, everything is apparently alright.

But if I set the superuser user's language to French, when going to Admin > Setup > Languages (translated in French of course), I see Administration > Configuration > Langues > fr instead of Administration > Configuration > Langues > en.

Is it "normal"? Do you have this too? Is it because the default language is French?
Just curious.

I don't remember having this on a multilingual website with English as default, but I could be wrong.

ProcessWire 3.0.60 (but also on older versions)

NB: by the way, I had server locale warnings for the first time I think, and on my localhost/desktop, I was able to make them disappear by adding en_EN in the backend on the English page, after clicking on the links under the warnings. I then removed it, leaving everything not translated again. 

I always have those same conflicts when I do a project in which the main language is another and English is secondary. Otherwise it works perfectly. It seems to be a conceptual issue that has not yet been resolved for a while. I think it would be useful during the installation of PW to be able to indicate the default language for the Front-End, to get "www.domain.com/" in that language. The Back-End language could be set or change in the admin as needed.

• Like 2