Open sourcing website code

Adam Kiss

Adam: nothing else I guess. But if you do have written bad code in your templates, then of course one could use it against your site. Not sure why you want to do this? Allow people to contribute, to get feedback or as an example? If for example, one thing you could consider is releasing it as a site profile with dummy content or something like that.

It's a mystery meat question, no? How about an outline?

Ouch, I didn't see this one coming.

I want to put whole source code of my website online; disregarding any passwords in custom modules, what files should be ignored by .git [along /site/config.php]?

Allow people to contribute, to get feedback or as an example?

There won't be db dump, just for reading through code, I guess. Seeing how different people deal with ProcessWire in real situations.

Seemed like a good idea ATM

I think it's a great idea. Assuming you can do it without any compromising data I'd love to see how other's approach things. I'm still settling in and working out my optimal workflow with ProcessWire so any other approaches are good to compare.

You'd just want /site/templates/ right? Or perhaps /site/modules/ too if you've got any module dependencies in the templates. If you want to make it installable as a site profile, then you'd want to run the site profile exporter and include the /site/install/ directory too. But you'd want to double check that none of your module-specific passwords are getting included in the profile.