Codesense

Gazley

It's the easiest function reference, but not the easiest way to get started - I would try the following:

1. Small Project Walkthrough is a good starter
  2. The rest of the documentation, specifically selectors because you'll work with them most
  3. Scouring the rest of the tutorials forum

2, 3 and the help on the forums is where I got started since the walkthrough tutorial wasn't available at the time.

Once I got going and the Cheatsheet was created by Soma it has proven invaluable ever since.

Ah yes - forgot about that one. Once those changes are in it will be in the default download :)

You can download interrobang's version from the link he posts to see if that helps in PHP Storm, but I'd still suggest reading up on the other things above too.

In order to get use phpstorms codesense you must tell phpstorm what variables are there. Just add a PHPDoc comment like this to your php template files and it should work. Even without using my fork you get some codesense support, but a lot of properties are missing.

/**
* @var Pages $pages
* @var Page $page
* @var Templates $templates
* @var Fields $fields
* @var Users $users
* @var User $user
* @var Roles $roles
* @var Permissions $permissions
* @var WireInput $input
* @var Sanitizer $sanitizer
* @var Session $session
* @var Config $config
*/
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Getting processwire autocompletion in the top PHP IDE PHPStorm would be killer. In the meantime, I just realized how much more useful the ProcessWire Cheatsheet is, when using the search feature more.

Inspired by the awesome devdocs, I tried searching with "$page-> [Enter]", "$files-> [Enter]" etc, and found out how much faster I find results.

Maybe the search box should be more prominently placed in the cheatsheet, and be named something like "filter" rather than "search" to highlight how it works? (I don't tend to like to get thrown away to another search page to find stuff, but love when I can filter the stuff in the current view).

• 1 year later...

Getting processwire autocompletion in the top PHP IDE PHPStorm would be killer. In the meantime, I just realized how much more useful the ProcessWire Cheatsheet is, when using the search feature more.

Inspired by the awesome devdocs, I tried searching with "$page-> [Enter]", "$files-> [Enter]" etc, and found out how much faster I find results.

Maybe the search box should be more prominently placed in the cheatsheet, and be named something like "filter" rather than "search" to highlight how it works? (I don't tend to like to get thrown away to another search page to find stuff, but love when I can filter the stuff in the current view).

how to use devdocs to search pw's api?