Help! Data from Processwire not showing

rolspace.net

Hi everyone. Not my day today. Been working on this website and added processwire. Everything ran smoothly. In the end I tested the website on another browser and then there was nothing.. well just anything that's supposed to come from processwire wasn't there. It still worked in Firefox but nowhere else. At home, on another computer, not even Firefox works.

This is the site (with processwire): http://rolspace.net/hd/praxiszurvorstadt/

It should look like this (that was before PW): http://hellerdruck.ch/kunden/praxiszurvorstadt/

believe me, all the content is there and it was visible the whole day. Just can't think of what I'm missing here...

Any ideas?

Any help much appreciated.

R

In the source code of that page there are lots of entries like this one:

<b>Notice</b>:  Trying to get property of non-object in <b>/home/rolspace/public_html/hd/praxiszurvorstadt/site/templates/team.php</b> on line <b>13</b><br />

Can you show us the code for that line?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rolisx said:

Everything ran smoothly. In the end I tested the website on another browser and then there was nothing.. well just anything that's supposed to come from processwire wasn't there. It still worked in Firefox but nowhere else. At home, on another computer, not even Firefox works.

This sounds to me like it's a permissions/access issue - so not so much about which browser but about the fact that you were probably logged in as superuser when you were first viewing the website, but you're a 'guest' when viewing in those other circumstances.

Have you done anything out-of-the-ordinary around access, e.g. removed guest view permission for a template or a field?

It looks like you have a single page frontend where you pull sections of content from child pages. Did you maybe do something to try and prevent direct access to those child pages? Just trying to work out why guest access would be limited somehow.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Robin S said:

This sounds to me like it's a permissions/access issue - so not so much about which browser but about the fact that you were probably logged in as superuser when you were first viewing the website, but you're a 'guest' when viewing in those other circumstances.

Have you done anything out-of-the-ordinary around access, e.g. removed guest view permission for a template or a field?

It looks like you have a single page frontend where you pull sections of content from child pages. Did you maybe do something to try and prevent direct access to those child pages? Just trying to work out why guest access would be limited somehow.

That was exactely it!! Thank you so much. Problem solved!

• Like 1

Just now, rolisx said:

That was exactely it!! Thank you so much. Problem solved!

Could you please describe where the problem was and how you resolved it, in case people have similar problems in the future? Thanks.

• Like 2

well, I created a new user and defined her roles / abilities. for some reason, I don't know why, all the right for "guest" user got unticked. So, anything coming from Processwire would not show on the website. put all the guest-rights back in, it worked again.

• Like 1