icreation

Simple Search not working

I have a simple site search using the functions from the default beginner profile in my development site - http://normand.indevelopment.website/

However with debug on I get the following error when trying to SEARCH and then output to the renderNav function. Any ideas?

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to renderNav() must be an instance of PageArray, instance of ProcessWire\PageArray given, called in /home/normandandthomso/public_html/site/templates/search.php on line 52 and defined in /home/normandandthomso/public_html/site/templates/inc/functions.php on line 28

sounds like a namespace issue - are all of the files related to this all namespaced?

• Like 1

I'm not sure where these statements are to go. On the top of each file, including includes?

Does not seem to fix it though.

what version of PW are you running, and have you tried removing the namespace from the functions file.. you could also just modify the function..

renderNav(ProcessWire\PageArray $items)

or just

renderNav($items)

Thanks for that :)

I've managed to bypass the renderNav function and managed to get it work. Thanks 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By snobjorn
      I have a website with multiple content types that I want to be accessible through search. I really like the live search on processwire.com, that sorts content types while typing. I tried to find the code to recreate this, with no luck. Does anyone know if this is jquery, specific jquery plugins, json/xml cached files, and what kind of PHP code is used? Any tip that point me in the right direction would be much apperciated.
      The search result listing seems fairly easy to create with sorting through parameters.
    • By Anders
      I want to allow full text search on my site. There is a very nice solution that comes right out of the box:
      $selector = "title|body~=$q, limit=50"; This works, but to make it even better I would want to give higher weight to pages where the search term occurs in the title, than if it just occurs in the body. After all, a page with the title "Wine from France" is probably the best match for the search "france wine". How do I accomplish this in ProcessWire?
      I can see three possible paths, but I am not very fond of any of them:
      Do a direct SQL query, circumventing the API, along these lines. But I would prefer to abstract away the database layout if at all possible. Use something like ElasticSearch, but to be honest that would be to complicated to set up and maintain in the long run. Make multiple lookups, first for matches in the title, then for matches in the body, and merge and sort in PHP. My suspicion is that this would get complicated quite quickly. For instance, how do you deal with a page that has two of the three search terms in the title and the third in the body? Is there a magic option four I should look into? Or are any of the above options better than the others? Any input is welcome!
    • By jds43
      Hello,
      I have a search page loosely based on Skyscrapers where I'm parsing a selector with options 'beds', 'bathrooms', 'size' fields. It is working well until I select 'Any' after I've run a search. This is where no results are returned (/?beds=&bathrooms=&size=&submit=). I want it to reset and show all results.
      I hope this isn't too vague.

• By sww
      Hey there,
      i am trying to add a kind of "intelligent" search.
      Is there any way to ignore punctuation and extra chars.
      e.g.
      When I type "somebody elses" that I still get the result "SOMEBODY ELSE´S CAR, 2005"
      The problem is the extra ´ … if I don't type it I don't get the result.
      So far I am using %=query (which isn't enough, I know)
      So the idea would be something like that:
      $selector = "sanitize(title|text)%=$q, limit=50";
      I know, it's not gonna work like that … just to illustrate.
      Best,
      Stefan
    • By dandeckr
      Hello!
      I'm making my way through my first encounter with ProcessWire, and I'm very near the end of my tasks! I've searched Google, these forums, and for add-ons, but I haven't found any documentation or reference work for implementing boolean searching in the native CMS? Am I missing a thread, add-on, or docs that can point the way? I'm sure I'm not the first to have a need like this? Thanks in advance!