Problem with FieldSet

landitus

Hi! I have a problem when grouping multiple fields with the FieldSetOpen and close fields. I am attaching some screenshots because I think the issue will be much more clear. The nesting is weird, and I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I am using it wrong. I can't have 2 separate field groups, and when I have one group, all the fields get nested.

Even when I have 2 FieldSetOpen/Close groups, one group gets nested onto the other. I'll appreciate any help on the matter!

post-72-0-97364000-1344224264_thumb.png

post-72-0-81745200-1344224271_thumb.png

• Like 1

I am not clear on what you intend so I can't render a direct answer.

I see that you are using at tab and within the tab a field group. You don't need a field group unless you are trying to break up the fields into groupings within the same tab and need to provide context (instruction) to the editor for that grouping.

All the fields and the field group between the tab open and tab close appear to be displaying correctly in the admin screenshot, based on that structure (in a tab). Maybe what you want is not to have a separate tab since the amount of fields on this template are logical and the number is small. Can you provide more clarification?

This does actually look like a bug to me. If I'm reading this correctly, there should be ..

• Tab titled Location (location_tab)
  • Inside that fieldset titled Location Description (location_content) which only contains two fields: location_title and location_description
  • All the other fields here should be inside tab Location but outside fieldset Location Description (location_content)

What's happening instead is that fieldset Location Description has "swallowed" even those fields it shouldn't contain.

Actually I've seen something like this happen previously with similar settings. Can't honestly remember if that was fixed by some random trick (re-adding fieldset, saving template again or something like that) or if I just decided to go with simpler layout. Anyway, would be nice if someone else could confirm if this actually is intended behavior (I very much doubt that) or some odd bug within Admin. :)

Yeah looks like a bug to me too. I'll take a closer look at this. While it has come up before, it doesn't look like I had put a reminder to myself in the GitHub issues yet, so just did that. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll work on a fix.