Robin S

HannaCodeDialog

@Macrura, glad you got it working eventually.

I intend to work on an upgrade to this module sometime soon. Hope to add a feature allowing all dialog options to be configured from within a single hook, which will make things easier (for those comfortable writing code anyway). Will also look at adding some clarification that an attribute must first be declared before adding any of the "double underscore" enhancements.

• Like 3

Hey @Robin S - using this for the first time and finding it awesome. Couple of quick questions:

Is there any easy way to prevent codes from being truncated in the dropdown?

Also, what's the best way to change the name of "Insert Hanna tag" - I see that they are translatable (via separate js files), but what's the suggestion for avoiding having changes overridden with module updates?

Thanks!

Hi @adrian,

I just pushed an update that makes those strings translatable within the module file.

As for the other issue, if your tag name is long it can overflow the standard width that CKEditor applies to combo panels (I don't set any explicit width in this module). I could make a config field for panel width but I'd rather not because I think the default width is suitable in most cases and to get a dynamic value from PHP it would mean putting the CSS inline which is kinda ugly. Maybe you could just set your own width for the panel in some custom admin CSS?

.cke_combopanel__hannadropdown { width:300px !important; }

• Like 1

Thanks @Robin S - I sorted out the width with the Admin CSS feature of AOS. 

As for the translatable string - I'm a little unsure how to work with the recent change - I see you went from js language files to using PW's:

$this->_(

but wouldn't that mean I would need multi-language support installed to translate that? It's not a ML site, so that seems like an inefficient solution for me, but I am very tired, so might well be missing something here :)

3 minutes ago, adrian said:

but wouldn't that mean I would need multi-language support installed to translate that?

You would need to install the LanguageSupport module but I don't think there's any inefficiency in doing that. You don't need to actually create any additional languages - you just edit the default language to override whatever strings you want. I believe that's the standard PW way for customising strings so I wouldn't want to reinvent the wheel and create configurable fields for every string.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robin S said:

you just edit the default language to override whatever strings you want

Yeah, you're probably right - I just haven't ever translated strings from a module before, but it sounds like it's easy - thanks!

@adrian, I just pushed another update in v0.1.5 that will allow the dropdown label in the toolbar to adapt its width to the length of the text (in the case that it is translated).

• Like 1

PS - Wow - the translation really was super easy :)

• Like 1

Hey @Robin S - I am seeing something weird where if I insert more than one code into a block of text. It all looks good until I save the page and then it reloads, and then all the text between the first and last code is highlighted in blue and connected so that's it no longer editable. Can you reproduce?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Also wondering what you might think of an option to disable the dialog popup. For the needs of my current project I just want the dropdown for inserting the tags, but none of the tags have editable attributes so I think it would be preferable to not add the double-click handler on the inserted tags.

Hi @adrian, I regularly use multiple Hanna tags within a single field and haven't seen that issue before.

It sounds like the closing delimiter of the first tag isn't being detected for some reason. I'm thinking that there must be some content in your tag that interferes with the detection of the closing delimiter. Does changing to a different Hanna tag delimiter fix it?

To debug you could try logging the "name" data attribute here, which should be the hanna tag contents without the delimiters.

Edit: actually, if it isn't matching the closing delimiter when the page reloads then it's probably related to the regex here. But it looks correct to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adrian said:

Also wondering what you might think of an option to disable the dialog popup.

I'm not aware of any way to do that. This module uses the widget component of CKEditor, and the dialog for that is defined once for all widgets in the CKEditor instance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robin S said:

To debug you could try logging the "name" data attribute here, which should be the hanna tag contents without the delimiters.

So this is what is being returned:

user_name]]. This is blah [[central_name

so it's removing the opening delimiters from the first tag. I have tried a few different delimiters with no luck so far. Any other thoughts?

@adrian, sorry for the interlude - there was a power cut here. :o

Not sure if you saw the edit to my earlier post: if the widgets are correct when you close the dialog but incorrect when you reload the page then it's an issue with this regex. But it looks correct to me - the pattern should match any number of characters after an opening delimiter up until a closing delimiter. You probably know more about regex than me though - does the pattern look right to you?

• Like 1

Hey @Robin S - no worries - I hear things are a bit backwards in your part of the world :) BTW, I am a displaced Aussie - hope we can still be friends :)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The issue is that regex is greedy.

You can see the problem here: https://regex101.com/r/ynCWrf/1 

Here is a non-greedy that works fine: https://regex101.com/r/1Qta6X/1

Thanks again for a great module.

• Like 2

@adrian, thanks for the regex fix! Applied in v0.1.6.

32 minutes ago, adrian said:

I hear things are a bit backwards in your part of the world

When I moved to the deep south I soon found out that a UPS is an essential piece of kit. And the irony is I'm only a short hop from the largest hydroelectric power station in NZ.

37 minutes ago, adrian said:

BTW, I am a displaced Aussie - hope we can still be friends

Why, of course :-). If you're feeling at all homesick, check out the trailer for this documentary I heard about yesterday:

A different kind of backwards...:-)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Robin S said:

If you're feeling at all homesick, check out the trailer for this documentary I heard about yesterday:

Wow - that's a depressing start to the day! The nasty side of Aussie culture - fortunately we're not all like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adrian said:

fortunately we're not all like that

Not at all. My partner and I had three weeks exploring NT's top end last winter and had nothing but good experiences. The Aussie grey nomad idea is genius - that's how I want to spend my retirement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robin S said:

Not at all. My partner and I had three weeks exploring NT's top end last winter and had nothing but good experiences. The Aussie grey nomad idea is genius - that's how I want to spend my retirement.

Hopefully we are still considered too young to be grey nomads, but we actually did that in May/June of last year, although we were roughing it in the back of a 4wd - no RV for us :) 

Great adventure through some amazing country!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adrian said:

we were roughing it in the back of a 4wd - no RV for us

Oh man, I want the best of both worlds - some of those pimped out Aussie 4WD campers are insane! Kiwis love their off-roading but I've never seen such amazing 4WDs until we went to the top end. Some folks have dropped some serious money on those. Proper go-anywhere Landcruisers with every conceivable mod-con built in. Love it.

• Like 1

This is about as far away from what we had as you can get, but this would be brilliant. He has a great series of videos!

• Like 1