FormBuilder responder based on field values ?

ank

I'm thinking of buying FormBuider,
but first i want to know if i can use it for my needs.

I checked the features of FormBuilder and found these:

• Send an auto-responder
  • Conditionally email form submission to different people based on field values
  • Display a success message, redirect to another URL or pull text from another page to display after form submission

but i want to know, if its possible combine these to:
redirect to a page that displays content based on (different) fields values just submitted from the form?
or
auto-respond a email based on the field values.

example:

if $formfield1="elephant" -> echo "your choice was an animal"
if $formfield2="blue" -> echo "you selected a blue elephant"

Thanks

• 3 years later...
On 3/22/2017 at 7:35 AM, ank said:

but i want to know, if its possible combine these to:
redirect to a page that displays content based on (different) fields values just submitted from the form?
or
auto-respond a email based on the field values.

This should be possible with some hook work.

Please check this:

https://processwire.com/store/form-builder/hooks/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joe_ma
      Sorry for asking this question here, but I cannot ask it in the VIP section because I use an version of FormBuilder that is expired.
      I have a fairly simple form on a website done with FormBuilder (PW 3.0.148, FormBuilder 0.2.4) that seems to work quite well. I've tested it with Firefox (88.0.1), Chrome, Opera, Edge and it works in all browsers as expected. The form is embedded in the page by pasting the name of the form in the body field.
      Now my customer tells me, that her Firefox (88.0.1) is blocking the page where the form is embedded: "Firefox may not open this page" for safety reasons.
      I have no clue as to what seems to be the problem here, since the form is on the same server and has the same domain.
    • By rooofl
      Hi! I am trying to create a hook that takes the value of a form file field, and add it to an image gallery of an existing page.
      $forms->addHookBefore('FormBuilderProcessor::processInputDone', function($e) { $form = $e->arguments(0); if($form->name == 'new-inuse') { // related_font is a page selector $font = $form->getChildByName('related_font'); // getting the page name $fontName = $font->attr('value')->name; // finds the page from its name $fontPage = wire('pages')->find("name=$fontName"); // in_use_image is a file upload field $image = $form->getChildByName('in_use_image'); // trying to add the image to the existing image gallery in_use field $fontPage->in_use->add('$image'); // error here $fontPage->save(); } }); This outputs the following error: `Call to a member function add() on null`. Any idea what’s wrong with my code?
    • By 999design
      Hi all,
      Running into an odd error that I can't seem to get my head around.
      We have 2 separately created Formbuilder forms sitting on a single page.
      But we keep experiencing weird results with them, originally we couldn't get one of the forms to ever submit so we ended up disabling CSRF for them which let us get around this issue.
      However it then causes a problem in that with CSRF disabled, one of forms always records 2 entries on submission. Just a straight duplicate within the entries for that form.
      So trying to stop this happening we tried enabling CSRF again and although that does stop the duplicated entry, it ends up giving really weird feedback such as the attached screengrab.
      Hazarding a guess I assume whatever is trigger on submission is firing twice because of the presence of the second form, but I have no idea why this would be the case as they are 2 seperately named forms?
      Any ideas?

• By cosmicsafari
      Hi all,
      I have the same form on multiple pages, the idea being that I can populated a hidden field with a page specific value automatically.
      I figured this should be reasonably straight forward but I can't seem to get the following to take effect.
      <?php echo $forms->embed ('my-form-name', array('hidden_field_name' => '666')); ?> No matter what I do, it never updates the default value currently set for said hidden field.
      Feels like I'm missing something really obvious?
      Any ideas?
    • By benbyf
      I have a a form in my site footer that can be accessed anywhere on site, I've added the form in the _inc.php file and added the render in the pages footer.php. However, this works well on the homepage e.g. you can submit said form and get a thank you on reload, doesnt work at all on other pages... Just lots like a fresh reload. Any thing im doing wrong here or ways to diagnose as there isn't an error log for formbuilder etc...?