Get value of custom attribute via PW API

Harmen

Hi all,

I do have a form in the 'backend' of my website which has a fieldtype of ASMSelect. I gave all the options of that field a custom attribute with a value:

foreach ($feature_group['features'] as $feature_id => $feature) {
                    $field->addOption($feature_id, $feature['name'], array('data-feature_group' => $feature_group_id));
                }

How can I read out the value of that custom attribute named data-feature group?

I've tried it with

$selected_feature_groups = $form->get($category_id)->getAttribute('data-feature_group');

//AND

selected_feature_groups = $form->get($category_id)->feature_group;

but that doesn't work.

How can I get this to work?

~Harmen

I doubt if ProcessWire will do that for you (unless ASMSelect's JS actually does this, which would be news to me). Data Attributes are not form elements so will not be submitted with the form. You will need JS to grab those attributes and submit them along with the form, e.g. as hidden elements created on the fly on submit.

• Like 1

Could you work out the $feature_group_id of a given option in the code that processes the form submission?

If that is difficult then another possibility is to use both the $feature_id and the $feature_group_id in the option value - that is, combine them into a single string with some character such as a pipe as a delimiter. When you process the form submission, explode() on the delimiter to get the two ID variables.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robin S
      This module lets you add some custom menu items to the main admin menu, and you can set the dropdown links dynamically in a hook if needed.
      Sidenote: the module config uses some repeatable/sortable rows for the child link settings, similar to the ProFields Table interface. The data gets saved as JSON in a hidden textarea field. Might be interesting to other module developers?
      Custom Admin Menus
      Adds up to three custom menu items with optional dropdowns to the main admin menu.
      The menu items can link to admin pages, front-end pages, or pages on external websites.
      The links can be set to open in a new browser tab, and child links in the dropdown can be given an icon.
      Requires ProcessWire v3.0.178 or newer.
      Screenshots
      Example of menu items

Module config for the menus

Link list shown when parent menu item is not given a URL

Advanced
      Setting child menu items dynamically
      If needed you can set the child menu items dynamically using a hook.
      Example:
      $wire->addHookAfter('CustomAdminMenus::getMenuChildren', function(HookEvent $event) { // The menu number is the first argument $menu_number = $event->arguments(0); if($menu_number === 1) { $colours = $event->wire()->pages->findRaw('template=colour', ['title', 'url', 'page_icon']); $children = []; foreach($colours as $colour) { // Each child item should be an array with the following keys $children[] = [ 'icon' => $colour['page_icon'], 'label' => $colour['title'], 'url' => $colour['url'], 'newtab' => false, ]; } $event->return = $children; } }); Create multiple levels of flyout menus
      It's also possible to create multiple levels of flyout submenus using a hook.

For each level a submenu can be defined in a "children" item. Example:
      $wire->addHookAfter('CustomAdminMenus::getMenuChildren', function(HookEvent $event) { // The menu number is the first argument $menu_number = $event->arguments(0); if($menu_number === 1) { $children = [ [ 'icon' => 'adjust', 'label' => 'One', 'url' => '/one/', 'newtab' => false, ], [ 'icon' => 'anchor', 'label' => 'Two', 'url' => '/two/', 'newtab' => false, 'children' => [ [ 'icon' => 'child', 'label' => 'Red', 'url' => '/red/', 'newtab' => false, ], [ 'icon' => 'bullhorn', 'label' => 'Green', 'url' => '/green/', 'newtab' => false, 'children' => [ [ 'icon' => 'wifi', 'label' => 'Small', 'url' => '/small/', 'newtab' => true, ], [ 'icon' => 'codepen', 'label' => 'Medium', 'url' => '/medium/', 'newtab' => false, ], [ 'icon' => 'cogs', 'label' => 'Large', 'url' => '/large/', 'newtab' => false, ], ] ], [ 'icon' => 'futbol-o', 'label' => 'Blue', 'url' => '/blue/', 'newtab' => true, ], ] ], [ 'icon' => 'hand-o-left', 'label' => 'Three', 'url' => '/three/', 'newtab' => false, ], ]; $event->return = $children; } }); Showing/hiding menus according to user role
      You can determine which menu items can be seen by a role by checking the user's role in the hook.
      For example, if a user has or lacks a role you could include different child menu items in the hook return value. Or if you want to conditionally hide a custom menu altogether you can set the return value to false. Example:
      $wire->addHookAfter('CustomAdminMenus::getMenuChildren', function(HookEvent $event) { // The menu number is the first argument $menu_number = $event->arguments(0); $user = $event->wire()->user; // For custom menu number 1... if($menu_number === 1) { // ...if user does not have some particular role... if(!$user->hasRole('foo')) { // ...do not show the menu $event->return = false; } } });  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/CustomAdminMenus
      https://processwire.com/modules/custom-admin-menus/
    • By Saleena Jhon
      Hello There, I have saw a post that was covering event-calendar with php, ajax and js. That was showing a monthly overview when I click on a "month" button or when I switch the month. And show the events on one particular date when I pick a day. Also, most events are kind of exhibitions and so they have a start date and an end date much later, and occur on each day in-between as well. So on the template I put two date picking fileds date_start and date_end. Is there an elegant way to select the events using the API? If yes, kindly help me out.
      Thanks in Advance
      Regards: 

• By opalepatrick
      I see old posts saying that repeaters are not the way to go in Custom Process Modules. If that is the case, when using forms (as I am trying to do) how would one tackle things like repeat contact fields where there can be multiple requirements for contact details with different parameters? (Like point of contact, director, etc) or even telephone numbers that have different uses?
      Just for background I am creating a process module that allows me to create types of financial applications in the admin area (no need to publish any of this, pure admin) that require a lot of personal or company information.
      Maybe I am thinking about this incorrectly?
    • By opalepatrick
      I am working on my first Process Module. I am creating forms. Fairly straightforward. However, I really can't work out how to create multiple fieldsets?
      $fieldset = $this->modules->get('InputfieldFieldset'); $fieldset->label = 'Customer Source'; $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1449, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'yff-lead'; $field->name = 'yfflead'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1452, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'customer-type'; $field->name = 'customertype'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); //Rinse and Repeat $fieldset->label = 'Contacts'; $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1538, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'salutation'; $field->name = 'salutation'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); I can create the first fieldset (Customer Source) but then get into trouble as the second fieldset overwrites the first. I understand why, but trying to use the open and close fieldset routine has flummoxed me. Any help appreciated.
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum, we're trying to use Processwire as our REST-API. We are having problems with our API login to Processwire from frontend. It gives us 403 error.
      We have installed ProcessWire to subdirectory (/api/*) and our frontend is static JS files at root ( / ). Apache access logs gives 404 to our POST-request, but browser devtools shows 403 for our POST /api/login request. 
      Processwire backend panel works. We also have a GET endpoint for the API that returns 200 with correct payload.  So we're wondering why does our GET works but POST doesn't?
      Does this have something to do with Processwire .htaccess, or is this because of our webhost? What should we check first? Any help would be appreciated.