Hide the homepage without breaking the website ?

Doc

Hi guys,

I'm close to go in production after months of coding... :)

But, I need to fix some things live (I could have a better process right here, I know, but...)

So, is there a way to hide my landing page while still working on it (hidden ?)

I now there is the unpublish functionality, but when I use it, it seems to disable too the index.html I've near the PW's index.php (close to /wire, or /site).

What are your best practices on that ?

Thanks

Hi @tpr, thanks for that link. Sounds a bit too complex for me as I've only a few hours ahead of me to push the website, but I'll dig into it for the next planned big update.

Depends on the strategy that you are using , but you can do this on the top of your home template:

if($user == $users->get("you")) {
  include("alternative_home_file.php");
  return;
}

• Like 4

@Doc - the other option in Tracy is the ability to edit the page's template directly - you don't even need to post a different version:

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/introducing-tracy-debugger/#template-editor-panel

Just edit through the Tracy interface and click "Test". That will reload the page with the changes you have made without affecting how it looks/works for other users. Whether I use this or the Template Path Panel that tpr mentioned depends on the complexity of the changes I am making. The Template Path Panel option allows you to swap between various versions similarly to diogo's code, but through the Tracy debug bar GUI.

• Like 3