Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
First time for me here to ask an help. So I apologize in advance for any section mistakes or forum rules not respected.
I'm a newbie in PW, only 1 year working on it.
I have a page with Date/Time pickers and they work perfectly, but I should have those in Italian (for safe editors that aren't so good with English).
So I followed the translation suggestions founded in some old posts.
Once setted the correct URL, the DatePicker are displayed in the right language, but I have an error on page saving: it seems that the field doesn't register the date/time change from the older language. The same problem occurs if I create a new page, not only changing the old ones.
May I have missed something?
Thanks a lot in advance.
By Noel Boss
Hi everyone 🙌
Is there a way to order the language tabs in the backend? Currently, they seem to be ordered based on the created date (or id?) …
( time passes … ⏰ 🚶♂️)
Just answered my own question. One can reorder the languages in the page tree under admin » languages or directly in the DB » pages » template_id=54 » sord field.
Anyone knows if there are side effects when moving the default language from sort 0 to somewhere higher?
Wouldn’t it be cool to have whole repeater items (or even repeater matrix items) language-specific. Some of my clients do have pages that are 90% identical in German and English, but there are some sections that should not appear in one or another language. I attached a concept screenshot.
Would something like this be possible with some simple backend hooks and "hidden checkbox fields"? Or is it way more complicated?
This is not directly about language module but I think I can get information from you.
Can I add a vendor module to have all languages written automatically into name?
I used this vendor module which is good with any language (hebrew, arabic...). How could I add it, so admin interface can use it ?
I've recently run into a trouble with translatable strings in my template files. Shortly speaking translatable strings show up properly in language panel, I can create and save translations, everything looks just fine in backend. The problem is that the only outputed value is the hardcoded one. It's definitely not a problem with template code itself because this happened even on simple test template with a translatable string alone.
There are no errors, I don't see anything special in logs. I just recently moved site from my local server to my ftp. There were some issues with paths in language files, but I have fixed it. It's the newest dev version of PW. I really don't have idea where to look, I'm fighting with this second day, and slowly loosing my nerves.