Sign in to follow this  
franciccio-ITALIANO

200+200+200 Field-Text/url/textarea into 1 Template

Hi, excuse me but I need any suggest...

I want to create 1 page of my site with 200 plants, 200 description and 200 link to another page.

I begin put in 1 Template 2 field-text, and I see that it appear in Field-List!
If I create 200+200+200 field... I see all in tha list!

BUT

If I create 200 article by filed-textarea, I don't see it in Field-List!
I create yet 75 article in 75 pages, but I don't see it in Field-List!

What I don't understand? :/  

Hi - I'm totally not following your post.

However, based on your 2nd sentence, this would be my answer:

1. Create template called plant
    1. add 3 fields
      1. Title (default)
      2. Type: textarea; Title: Description (optionally use CK editor)
      3. Type: page reference; Title: Page Select (page_select); configure this to select the link to another page
  2. Create template called plant-index
    1. one field, title;
    2. configure the family settings to allow children of template plant
    3. configure the allow new pages to 1
    4. Create a new page using this template
  3. Go back to plant template and family settings, no children and plant-index for allowed parent
  4. Go to the page tree and hover over the Plant Index, then 'new' - this will give you a new plant
  5. Add your title, description and select the page you want to link to, save
  6. Repeat steps 4-5, 199 more times.
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By burning
      Hi all,
      Im currently building a photo sharing website and have a first version finished. Next step is to incorporate notifications in the website if a user likes one of your photo's, or comments on a photo you posted.
      Just like the notification bell at the top of the forums. Any idea how to approach this functionality?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Eljeff
      Hello,
      I am testing Processwire.
      Usually, we can found many templates but, here, I an't found. Only existing sites.
      Nobody share template for free or not ?
      Thank you
    • By mcwhitey
      Hi,
      How can I display, on every page of my site, what roles can view that pages template, based on what is checked in settings>templates>template-name>ACCESS TAB?
      I've only gotten as far as displaying the name of the current template: echo $page->template->get('name'); But I'm stuck here. Tried things like $page->template->get('permissions'); but I guess it's a bit more complicated than that.
      Hope someone van point me in the right direction.
      Cheers.
    • By louisstephens
      So maybe has already figured this out, but I am stumped. I have a field (test_field) that is set to pdfs, and I was trying to get a count of the number of pdfs in that field so I could add it to a status bubble on the front end. I tried:
      function testPDF() { $a = $page->test_field->count(); echo "<span class=\"bubble\">" . $a . "</span>"; } but it is returning "NULL" . I currently have 3 added to the field. I also tried putting this function in _func.php, though I need to use wire('pages'), but I only need to get the count for that specific page, so I am sort of at a loss of how to proceed.
    • By EyeDentify
      Simple example for loading template specific CSS file.
      This example asumes that you have your CSS file in a directory relative to template root.
      Like:
      templates/css/my_template_specific.css
      Also i use in the template a simple text field to hold the name of the CSS file i want to load.
      I call this field 'css_file'
      Use what you feel comfortable with.
      So in your header section of the DOM notice the "page specific CSS" part?
      Thats were the magic happens. What happens is that we check to see if the file exists in the CSS dir relative to template root.
      And if it does we load it. Simple and effective.
      I load all other CSS that is used all over the site in global_styles.css first.
      And make sure you load template specific last, because then you can easily override CSS in global.

DOM header example:
      <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta charset="utf-8" /> <title><?PHP echo($page->title); ?></title> <!-- main CSS --> <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?PHP echo($config->urls->templates); ?>css/global_styles.css"> <!-- page specific CSS --> <?PHP /* Use relative path in file_exists() */ if(file_exists('css/' . $page->css_file)) { echo("<link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"{$config->urls->templates}css/{$page->css_file}\">"); } ?> </head> <body> Thats my way of doing it. I am sure there is plenty of more ways to do it. This is for the newbies or anyone that wants more options.
      Good luck with your CSS out there in Cyberspace.
      Cheers from EyeDentify