Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
so this is really weird issue i am so confused about this, so i have setup 'images' field where i put images and the include them in CKeditor, should work right? well it works on some sites, i use it nearly in every page but at one page, the images included in that CKeditor only show up, when i am logged into processwire, when i turn on incognito mode the images dissapear, but only on this specific page, everywhere else it works perfectly, has anyone came across this issue? i have nowhere in the site login checker, i have no idea what is going on
By Guy Incognito
I seem to be running into a repeated fatal error in a fresh PW install version 3.0.148. I can't quite put my finger on the pattern but it seems to be around deleting image fields or removing images from certain image fields.
This is the trace from the log generated by trying to save a page and delete an image from an image field:
Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Cannot access protected property Pageimage::$original in /wire/core/PageimageVariations.php:256 Stack trace: 1. /wire/core/Pageimage.php(1327): PageimageVariations->getInfo() 2. /wire/core/Wire.php(386): Pageimage->___isVariation() 3. /wire/core/WireHooks.php(823): Wire->_callMethod() 4. /wire/core/Wire.php(450): WireHooks->runHooks() 5. /wire/core/Pageimage.php(1369): Wire->__call() 6. /wire/core/Pageimage.php(399): Pageimage->getOriginal() 7. /wire/core/WireData.php(333): Pageimage->get() 8. /wire/core/PageimageVariations.php(256): Pro Line 256 of /wire/core/PageimageVariations.php Earlier in the day I was experimenting with custom fields for images for the first time and kept running into this error, thinking it was me using this feature wrong and not having time to read up I deleted the custom image fields template and went about my business. So now I don't know if I triggered an issue or whether it was never related to the custom image fields in the first place?
Usually I write modules just for me and my projects because they are more or less individual. Mail Debugger is the first module which might be interested for someone else as well.
Basically it covers two use cases:
1) Log outgoing emails
2) In debug mode mails are send to a specified email address instead of the original recipient(s)
I checked the compatibility for PW 3+ because unfortunately I don't have any other version for testing currently. Feel free to drop me a comment if the module works also for older PW versions.
I am starting to use ProcessWire.
So, i need to extend the ProcessTemplate Module. I need to add a required field to the templates into the Advanced Tab (for personal purposes)
I already added the field, but inside the core folder, but this is a very bad practice.
The best would be add the modifications inside the site folder.
How could i extend the core module ProcessTemplate in order to not affect the core, and the processwire read my extended modifications.
Thank you very much everyone.
What are your experiences with profile/color consistency when using Image Magick for resizing?
I know @horst is probably the person with the most experience on this, (hope you can chime in here Horst)
I noticed that In some cases Image Magic resized jpgs appear darker than the original, and after some digging it appears to involve various factors concering both the image preparation (Photoshop's save for web and even general profile handling before that) and the way the Image Magic resizing process is setup.
- Images with an embedded (srgb) profile that were exported via Photoshop's "save for web" function with "convert to srgb" and "embed profile" ON, somehow result in muted colors and a darker image, (actually it looks very much like when you would assign an srgb profile to an image that was already converted to srgb before, not dramatic, but quite noticeable with e.g. reds and cyans.)
- I tried multiple variations, with embedded and excluded srgb profile, "convert to srgb" on and off, but the result appears to be the same darker, muted image. Need to find time to do more structured testing though..
- The way the srgb profile is embedded in the jpg
- The way the Imagick module detects/ignores profiles
- Colorspace handling changes between imagick versions
- One of the above plus these rather involved technical reccomendations (tldr: convert to linear RGB, resize, convert back)
Would be nice to get a discussion going here. I am out of my league with this, technical knowledge wise but I'll try to keep up