GKrabach

Template access control

For an inherited site, I have a section in the ProcessWire admin section with Tools and Settings as children. Unfortunately, I don't have access to these, even as admin. I know this is controlled in the database, but I don't see any way to change the permissions. Through some research, looks like you can adjust that through  Setup > Templates > Edit Template > Access , however "Templates" doesn't show up under Setup either. Any advice is appreciated.

2 hours ago, GKrabach said:

Unfortunately, I don't have access to these, even as admin.

That's strange. Can you confirm your 'admin' user is a 'Superuser'? If they are, then you should have access to everything.

2 hours ago, GKrabach said:

I don't see any way to change the permissions

You can use the API to change all sorts of things, including permissions. 

• Like 1

Is there are Page templates (/processwire/setup/template/) with a Process called Template in your back-end?

58ca4435ddaeb_Schermafbeelding2017-03-16om08_51_57.png.3b0c063f4d2b1c0012f6b7f9d4f4c5a5.png

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By snck
      Hey there,
      for a client website I need to implement a "reviewer" role. "Reviewers" should be able to review new (unpublished) articles to give feedback to editors, but not have the permission to change them. 
      I built a new "reviewer" role that only has page-view permissions for the respective templates, but this permission does not include viewing unpublished pages. How can I grant them access to the unpublished articles without giving them page-edit permission?
      Cheers,
      Flo
    • By Pip
      Hi everyone!
      I'm trying out the Login/Register module for my site. Noted that the module assigns the newly registered user to login-register role. 
      Once you modify the login-register role's permissions, particularly adding page-edit, the new member role will be set to guest. 
      Thing is I'd like to grant my new users the power to create their own pages. Any advice? 
      Thanks. 
    • By Guy Incognito
      What's the best process for adding another user with TfaTotp 2FA? Just using it for the first time.
      Should I supply them with them with the secret when I first create their account? Seems like a security risk?
      Otherwise how do I create a 2FA user and let them login for the first time?
    • By snck
      Hey,
      I want my editors to be able to use the page lister, especially the bookmarks. I added the page-lister permission to the editor role, but Page lister ("Find" menu item) does not show. Is there anything else I have to do? Links to bookmarks work for the editors, but I would be glad to show them the menu item as well.
      Maybe this has something to do with the long history of the site (started with ProcessWire 2.4 and upgraded to 3.0.148 over the years)?
      Thanks,
      Flo 
    • By snck
      Hello,
      for a project I have pages with different “content areas“ that can be edited only by specific user roles. In the past I setup a fieldset (tab) containing all the fields that should be available to only one specific group of users and set the fields' view and edit permissions (in the Access tab) accordingly. The result was as expected: Users assigned to the specific role could see the tab, click on it, edit content, users without the role could not see the tab. After updating this installation to 3.0.148 yesterday I wanted to setup another tab following the same principle, but I have no "Access" tab for the fieldset to limit access to the specific role. I even tried cloning an existing (and still working) fieldset. The existing fieldset has some template overrides (screenshot attached) that lead to the desired behaviour, but I am not able to reproduce these settings because there is not "Access" tab for my fieldset in template context either.
      Is this a bug in 3.0.148? Has the fieldset fieldtype changed? Am I missing anything here?
      I am glad to hear from you guys.
      Cheers,
      Flo