GKrabach

Template access control

For an inherited site, I have a section in the ProcessWire admin section with Tools and Settings as children. Unfortunately, I don't have access to these, even as admin. I know this is controlled in the database, but I don't see any way to change the permissions. Through some research, looks like you can adjust that through  Setup > Templates > Edit Template > Access , however "Templates" doesn't show up under Setup either. Any advice is appreciated.

2 hours ago, GKrabach said:

Unfortunately, I don't have access to these, even as admin.

That's strange. Can you confirm your 'admin' user is a 'Superuser'? If they are, then you should have access to everything.

2 hours ago, GKrabach said:

I don't see any way to change the permissions

You can use the API to change all sorts of things, including permissions. 

• Like 1

Is there are Page templates (/processwire/setup/template/) with a Process called Template in your back-end?

58ca4435ddaeb_Schermafbeelding2017-03-16om08_51_57.png.3b0c063f4d2b1c0012f6b7f9d4f4c5a5.png

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kiwi Chris
      I have a role that has page edit, view, and clone permissions on a specific template.
      If a page using the template is locked by a user in a role with lock/unlock permissions on the template , the only button alongside it in the page tree is view, for users who don't have lock/unlock permissions.
      If however, I also give the role page-lock permission on the template, they then get additional buttons, edit, copy, and unlock.
      I don't actually want to give this role unlock permissions, but I do want the copy (clone) button to display alongside the page in the page tree.
      Elsewhere, I've discussed how I've worked out how to create a hook to unlock the copy, but I want to keep the original page so a user without lock permissions can't unlock from the page tree it to make changes.
      Question: What method should I hook into to intercept any attempt to change the lock status?
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum, this is my first security related post, so I'm a bit of a newbie.
      I understand that when I have direct front-input from user I should sanitize the input, but how about when I use a secret key for showing a API for a third-party supplier? Should I sanitize the input->get() key?
      I've tested this issue and I tried ?key=<?php echo $page->field; ?> And without adding any sanitization it comes back: /?key=<?php%20echo%20$page->field;%20?>
      So can I rely on this, or should I still use $sanitizer just in case?

Thanks for the help!
    • By pwFoo
      Hi,
      I try to add page-edit-own and page-delete-own permissions, but it's strange...
      If a add the custom permissions it looks like both are children of page-edit respectively page-delete. I played with added / revoked permissions, but I can't get it work, that a user of a role just can delete own content.
      First the user can't delete any content and now the user can delete own and foreign pages 🤪
      Is there a tutorial to learn more about the PW permissions?
      Or do I have to rename the permissions to page-own-edit and page-own-delete to be independent from page-edit and page-delete?
    • By angelo, italy
      Hi guys,
      I've always used WP but I want to swtich to PW. I'm not sure ....
      I'd like to know if it's possible to create a website for an online photo contest.
      The participants of the competition could create their own account, in which they upload their photos. The photos uploaded remain visible only to themselves and the judges.
      From their account they can make the "entrance fee" payment.
      The judges of the competition can create their own account... entering they see the photos of the participants and vote photos
      At the main page I imagine the title of the competition, a button to read the regulation, and a button to register.
      The website should be in Italian and English.
      Thank you!!