reed

Is it possible to use InputfieldPageAutocomplete without selecting a parent?

Hey y'all! I've been digging through the forums trying to find a workaround for the Page AutoComplete Field. So far, no luck. Here's the problem:

Currently, to use the Page AutoComplete Field, you have to define a single parent for the pages you want to select from. I want to use the AutoComplete field to add multiple pages from different parents. For instance, I have a field for location, and I want to add the MET Museum and The Louvre, but the MET has parent USA, and the Louvre has parent France. Currently, it's very labor intensive to scroll through a list of 300+ locations, or use AsmSelect to drill down. AutoComplete would be a godsend. 

I've not been able to find any way to workaround this issue, any ideas? Thanks for any help or recommendations!

— Reed

• Like 1

Oh man, I've made a stupid mistake. I didn't have AutoComplete included in the list of accepted field types for the Page Inputfield. So AutoComplete wasn't appearing as an option for any of my Page fields, regardless of parentage. 

In fact, it looks like AutoComplete now works perfectly, with any parent or selector you want. Man, Processwire just reads my mind. Thanks Ryan and community once again :)

For anyone with a similar issue, just go to Modules, scroll down to Page, click Settings, and add PageAutocomplete to the list of "Inputfield modules available for page selection."

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetto
      Hi,
      for my GroupMailer module I've created a custom Fieldtype + Inputfield module which provides multiple field values. The first field value is a visible text field and there are some other field values which are not presented to user (they are rendered as hidden form fields).

This is the database schema:
      $schema['data'] = 'text NOT NULL'; // we're using 'data' to represent our 'subject' field $schema['sendstatus'] = 'tinyint NOT NULL DEFAULT 0'; // message send status $schema['recipients'] = "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"; // recipients counter $schema['sent'] = "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"; // sent counter $schema['started'] = "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"; // message sending start $schema['finished'] = "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"; // message sending finished This are the ___wakeupValue and ___sleepValue methods:
      /** * Convert from DB storage to API value. * * @param Page $page * @param Field $field * @param string|int|array $value * @return string|int|array|object $messagemeta * */ public function ___wakeupValue(Page $page, Field $field, $value) { // if for some reason we already get a valid value, then just return it if ($value instanceof MessageMeta) return $value; // start a blank value to be populated $messagemeta = $this->getBlankValue($page, $field); // if we were given a blank value, then we've got nothing to do: just return a blank MessageMeta if (empty($value) || !is_array($value)) return $messagemeta; // create new MessageMeta object $messagemeta = new MessageMeta(); $messagemeta->subject = $value['data']; // @note: we're converting 'data' to 'subject' $messagemeta->sendstatus = $value['sendstatus']; $messagemeta->recipients = $value['recipients']; $messagemeta->sent = $value['sent']; $messagemeta->started = $value['started']; $messagemeta->finished = $value['finished']; return $messagemeta; } /** * Convert from API to DB storage value. * * @param Page $page * @param Field $field * @param string|int|array|object $value * @return array * */ public function ___sleepValue(Page $page, Field $field, $value) { $messagemeta = $value; $sleepValue = array(); // if we are given something other than an MessageMeta, // then just return a blank array if (!$messagemeta instanceof MessageMeta) return $sleepValue; // set MessageMeta to sleepValue $sleepValue = array( 'data' => $messagemeta->subject, // @note: subject is becoming data 'sendstatus' => (int) $messagemeta->sendstatus, 'recipients' => (int) $messagemeta->recipients, 'sent' => (int) $messagemeta->sent, 'started' => (int) $messagemeta->started, 'finished' => (int) $messagemeta->finished, ); return $sleepValue; } Now I try to extend this Fieldtype/Inputfield to provide multi language features.
      Only the first value ("data" which represents the "subject" field) should be/needs to be multi language!
      I had a look at the built in Fieldtypes (e.g FieldtypeText & FieldtypeTextLanguage) which provides multi language support but I couldn't find a similar case (multi-value field with language support). All built in Fieldtypes are single-value fields.
      I know this is a very "general" question but maybe somebody could push me in the right direction?
    • By louisstephens
      So I was tinkering around with the "select fields" field type and added it to a repeater. My thoughts were I could have a user select a field (textarea, text, etc etc) that I defined and give it a name (another field in the repeater) and create their own form on the page. To be honest, I am now a little lost with rendering the form and mailing the results as potentially the form will be unique and custom every time.  The only way I know to handle the output is by going about it this way:
      $forms = $page->form_select_fields; foreach($forms as $form) { if($form->name === "form_input") { //output input with custom name } elseif($form->name === "form_textarea") { //output input with custom name } } Is there a better way to go about rendering the elements from the repeater? As far as the custom sending goes, I am really at a loss since it would be pretty dynamic. Has anyone used this type of approach, and if so, how did you handle this without going insane?
    • By Harmen
      I want to add a few pages to an AsmSelect Page field inside a repeater using the following code:
      $trialsPage = wire("pages")->get(28422); // Get the page $trialsPage->of(false); $newTrial = $ordersPage->trial_repeater_orders->getNewItem(); // Add item to repeater foreach ($selectedProducts as $selectedProduct){ $productPage = $pages->get("template=product, reference=$selectedProduct"); $newTrial->trial_selected_products->add($productPage); } $newTrial->save(); $trialsPage->save(); However, when I check the page where the field is located it doesn't have the new values as expected. The selected pages exist, the field is in the right location, made sure that the output formatting is turned off: $page->of(false); But it still doesn't work with a variable. No matter what I try, it doesn't work.
      It only works when I replace $selectedProduct with a hardcoded string. Am I doing something wrong here?
    • By Sebi2020
      Hey, I'm new and I created a simple module for tagging pages because I didn't found a module for it (sadly this is not a core feature). This module is licensed under the GPL3 and cames with absolutly no warranty at all. You should test the module before using it in production environments. Currently it's an alpha release. if you like the module or have ideas for improvements feel free to post a comment. Currently this fieldtype is only compatible with the Inputfield I've created to because I haven't found  an Inputfield yet, that returns arrays from a single html input.
      Greetings Sebi2020
      FieldtypeTags.zip.asc
      InputfieldTagify.zip
      InputfieldTagify.zip.asc
      FieldtypeTags.zip
    • By NorbertH
      I have trouble exporting fields via the buildin export. 
      For example when i export a single field  i get:
      { "bestellung_status_name": { "id": 194, "type": "FieldtypeText", "flags": 0, "name": "bestellung_status_name", "label": "Status Intern", "textformatters": [ "TextformatterEntities" ], "collapsed": 0, "minlength": 0, "maxlength": 100, "showCount": 0, "size": 0, "pattern": "[a-z\\A-Z\\(\\)]+", "showIf": "", "themeInputSize": "", "themeInputWidth": "", "themeOffset": "", "themeBorder": "", "themeColor": "", "themeBlank": "", "columnWidth": 100, "required": "", "requiredAttr": "", "requiredIf": "", "stripTags": "", "placeholder": "" } } exporting a secon single field i get :
      { "bestellung_status_name_ext": { "id": 195, "type": "FieldtypeText", "flags": 0, "name": "bestellung_status_name_ext", "label": "Status Extern", "textformatters": [ "TextformatterEntities" ], "collapsed": 0, "minlength": 0, "maxlength": 100, "showCount": 0, "size": 0, "pattern": "[a-z\\A-Z\\(\\)]+", "showIf": "", "themeInputSize": "", "themeInputWidth": "", "themeOffset": "", "themeBorder": "", "themeColor": "", "themeBlank": "", "columnWidth": 100, "required": "", "requiredAttr": "", "requiredIf": "", "stripTags": "", "placeholder": "" } } So far everything works fine .
      When i try to export both fields together  i get only an error message :
      Call to a member function getModuleInfo() on null File: .../wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeText.module:171 I added " bd($textformatter);" on line 170 to see whats wrong. so have a look at the screenshot i apended to this post.

Its perfectly possible that one textformater module got removed by accident while experimenting whith some textformaters but my question is how to fix this maybe somewhere in the DB and possibly what went wrong?
      ProcessWire 3.0.120 © 2019
      Apache/2.4.25 (FreeBSD) OpenSSL/1.0.2k mod_fcgid/2.3.9
      PHP 7.1.2

Edit: After adding
      if ($textformatter ===NULL) continue; I can export my fields , as there arent any Textformater missing in the fields , i get a perfect result. but still there is one textformater whith a NULL value.