Is it possible to use InputfieldPageAutocomplete without selecting a parent?

reed

Hey y'all! I've been digging through the forums trying to find a workaround for the Page AutoComplete Field. So far, no luck. Here's the problem:

Currently, to use the Page AutoComplete Field, you have to define a single parent for the pages you want to select from. I want to use the AutoComplete field to add multiple pages from different parents. For instance, I have a field for location, and I want to add the MET Museum and The Louvre, but the MET has parent USA, and the Louvre has parent France. Currently, it's very labor intensive to scroll through a list of 300+ locations, or use AsmSelect to drill down. AutoComplete would be a godsend. 

I've not been able to find any way to workaround this issue, any ideas? Thanks for any help or recommendations!

— Reed

• Like 1

Oh man, I've made a stupid mistake. I didn't have AutoComplete included in the list of accepted field types for the Page Inputfield. So AutoComplete wasn't appearing as an option for any of my Page fields, regardless of parentage. 

In fact, it looks like AutoComplete now works perfectly, with any parent or selector you want. Man, Processwire just reads my mind. Thanks Ryan and community once again :)

For anyone with a similar issue, just go to Modules, scroll down to Page, click Settings, and add PageAutocomplete to the list of "Inputfield modules available for page selection."

• Like 3