Double click to edit page

Martijn Geerts

That's a nice idea. I've just been getting used to this in LemonStand and I guess it wouldn't be massively difficult to implement, just not sure quite how you'd go about doing so in terms of which files to edit.

If implemented in the core, it should be an option, not a default, I guess. Or at least, it should be possible to switch back to the "old" behaviour. (You'd be astonished how many people have difficulties performing a double-click.)

• Like 2

It's a very good point, so I think this is definitely a candidate for a module rather than core functionality since it's a) up to the individual developer if they want to add it and b ) has some configurable elements as well. The timer idea would be a nice touch.

I tried to implement a double click to edit a long while back. jQuery has the dblclick() event, which makes it pretty easy to differentiate from a click() event. The problem is, I never could get it working. dblclick() would never fire for me. It might have just been a bug in jQuery at the time or something. Maybe worth trying again.