Sign in to follow this  
Nils Wiere

Bookmarks with Lister Error

Hi there,

I want to create bookmarks based on lister searches. However, whenever I click "submit" after I configured my lister search, I get the error message "Unrecognized path" and the addition "The process returned no content." In that case this URL is opened: http://domain.tld/admin/page/search/edit-bookmark/#tab_bookmarks

I am using PW 3.0.42 and Lister v0.2.4 β. I don't use Lister Pro (which is the case in this topic). I tried it with different PW installations and always got the same error.

Do you have any idea?

I had the same issue in PW 2.7.2 and Lister 0.2.4.  I tried swapping the Process of the Search page (/processwire/page/search/) , under Admin > Pages in the Tree to ProcessPageLister, and that seemed to fix it.  You'll have to unlock the page to change the Process, and make sure the users' role has permission to use page-lister.

Not sure why this happens.  This is on an install that I've been upgrading since 2.5.3.  It works without issue, and using ProcessPageSearch, on my newer, clean install of 3.0.42.

Update: looks like it breaks the normal page search, so obviously not a good fix.

• Like 1

Hi Evan,

oh, I just overlooked your reply – thanks! However, using ProcessWire 3.0.62 (the newest master) I still can't save any bookmarks within lister. I get the same error message as before (see attached screenshot).

Does anyone have an idea? I'm working on a content-heavy site and it would be great to get lister bookmarks to work.

Thanks!

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-19 um 13.13.25.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarkE
      I have been making use of the ProcessPageLister::addSessionBookmark() method to create drill-downs of financial data in a table - so that the user can see the pages comprising the amount in the table cell. This works really well and has been well-received by the client. However, I soon ran into a problem in that the method sets $maxBookmarks = 30;  hard-coded just like that. I changed the code to $maxBookmarks = 400; and haven't noticed any ill-effects so far, so some questions arise:
      Why is it hard-coded rather than modifiable? If the answer to (1) is because too many bookmarks cause a problem, what is the problem? If there is no particular problem with more than 30 bookmarks, is there any other practical limit? Clearly changing the code in my copy of PW is not a good idea as it will get over-written at the next update. Is there a way of dealing with this until (if ever) the variable can be modified through the API?
    • By Robin S
      Inputfield Selector Select ID
      Uses the Page List Select inputfield for user-friendly input of page IDs into Inputfield Selector.
      Overview
      This module adds a feature to Inputfield Selector, which is most commonly seen in Lister (Find) and Lister Pro.
      When adding a filter row for "Parent", "Has parent/ancestor" or "ID" the user is expected to enter a page ID to match against. But this is not as user-friendly as it could be because the user may be able to identify the desired page by its title or location in the tree but not know its ID. This is particularly the case for site editors who may not even understand the concept of a page ID.
      So this module adds a thunderbolt icon to relevant rows in Inputfield Selector. When the icon is clicked a Page List Select inputfield opens in a modal window, allowing the user to visually select a page from the tree. When the modal is closed with "OK" the ID of the selected page is inserted into the filter row.

Tip
      After a page selection has been made in the modal window the "OK" button will automatically receive focus so if you prefer you can close the modal by hitting the Enter key rather than mousing to the OK button.
      Installation
      Install the Inputfield Selector Select ID module.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/InputfieldSelectorSelectID
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/inputfield-selector-select-id/
    • By LAPS
      Hi,
      I bookmarked a number of custom Listers (path: /admin/page/lister) and I have some doubts on how to use them.
      In particular, I would like to link a custom Lister page in front-end content. I could make this by inserting a link within the body field (CKEditor) of a my page and using the URL of the Lister (e.g. /admin/page/lister/?bookmark=1514677991) so to render a linked text in the front-end.
      My doubt: is the use of that URL the right way for linking text to a Lister?
      I also would like to access the title data of the custom Lister in order to output the title as linked text in the front-end.
      How can I do that (note: I am using the Hanna Code module for my body field)?
      I have not found the relevant documentation that serves my case.
    • By Mirza
      In a lister find, published column is showing a string as shown in attached screenshot.

Can we change the date format to yyyy-mm-dd or any other?
    • By fabjeck
      Hello everyone. I am trying to create a Lister like on the processwire demo page, where under the tab "Pages" you can directly go to "Skyscrapers". On all the tutorials I found on the internet Lister wasn't a core feature and you could create a new Lister on the module itself. Is it now a premium function under ListerPro or am I trying to do it the wrong way?
      Cheers