Problems after updating from 2.6.5 to 3.0.53

kathep

After being gently reminded by @adrian here, I recently updated my site from the 2.6.5 to 3.0.53 version of Processwire.

I followed the instructions to refresh my admin view repeatedly, and got many messages about modules being updated. 

Since updating, I have been getting the following errors:

1. Fieldtypeimageextra: the following persistent error code at the top of my admin view:

58bddfb1f3a4d_Screenshot2017-03-0612_37_08.png.575dc3794b96102cbd3224de8db4836d.png

I followed instructions on the FieldtypeImageExtra github page to delete the FieldtypeImageExtra module on my server, and installed the replacement Image Extra module. But I'm not sure what else to do to remove the error. 

Does anyone have some ideas on how to fix this?

2. Not able to create new pages

When I try to publish a new page, I get the following error:

58bdf85f62563_Screenshot2017-03-0615_53_25.png.8950abb475ee1e62f9a9fdbe91289fe6.png

Even though no errors are listed on the page - except for the fieldtypeimageextra error - and all required fields have been completed.

3. Error when adding a link in the rich text editor 

When trying to add a link in the rich text editor I get this error:58bddfb494dd6_Screenshot2017-03-0612_23_32.thumb.png.85f7faf711571011f0a02f5b9f848ea0.png

I'm happy to go in to the code and look at line 374, but I'm wondering:

Is there is anything else I should do in the admin panel, or with code on my sites's templates or modules in general, after updating from 2.6.5 to prevent these kind of errors continuing to arise? 

Or is it such a big problem to update from 2.6.5 to 3.0.53 that I should restore 2.6.5 and then update PW incrementally (ie 2.6.8 then 2.7 then 2.9 etc)?

Screenshot 2017-03-06 15.51.30.png

Regarding the first message, you replaced the old ImageExtra with a new version, and did modules refresh?
you may also need to go into that field settings and now reset the fieldtype there.

You probably also need to disable the Pages2PDF module and check that forum thread in case there are any known issues with compatibilty.

if this is a live site, i would downgrade to 2.7.3;

6 minutes ago, Macrura said:

Regarding the first message, you replaced the old ImageExtra with a new version, and did modules refresh?
you may also need to go into that field settings and now reset the fieldtype there.

You probably also need to disable the Pages2PDF module and check that forum thread in case there are any known issues with compatibilty.

Hi @Macrura

Yes, modules all refreshed. The challenge is that I do not have any fields that use the fieldtypeimageextra - so I don't know what to change to make the message go away.

The site is live. Since I've got so much working in the 3.0.53 version, I'm tempted to keep trying a little bit more before downgrading. But I will downgrade if I can't work out how to add new pages soonish.

Oh! And I've removed 'pages2pdf' from all pages too.

In general its not a very good idea to make a system upgrade like this on a live site. Better to make a copy in a local or subdomain environment.
Upgrading from 2.x to 3.x could trigger some problems especially related to namespaces.

Did you try

// to be placed in config php
$config->compat2x = true;

When I did an update similar to yours I ended up adding namespace to all my templates.

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

This could cause new problems, but maybe easier to solve.

About modules
It could help to remove or rename (.module_) 3d party modules from your modules directory. Refresh modules or remove the module in the databasetable after and install them one by one in the newest version.

Good luck. :rolleyes:

Yes, modules all refreshed. The challenge is that I do not have any fields that use the fieldtypeimageextra - so I don't know what to change to make the message go away.

there must have been a field at one point using it? You should still check all of your images fields and make sure non are set to use that fieldtype (?)

if you are upgrading from a really old version, you may also want to have a locally installed fresh version of 3 for reference, so you can add some missing elements from the root folder and the site folder that were added in later versions - did you replace your .htaccess file?

24 minutes ago, kixe said:

Did you try

// to be placed in config php
$config->compat2x = true;

This option no longer exists - it was only available in early alpha versions of PW 3.

I recently upgraded a site from 2.6 to 3 and had a couple of similar issues, but got them sorted out without needing to add the namespace declaration.

You might be able to simply remove the fieldtypeimagextra files and its row from the modules database table.

Process of elimination should get you there :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, adrian said:

You might be able to simply remove the fieldtypeimagextra files and its row from the modules database table.

Process of elimination should get you there :)

Thanks for the speedy and helpful replies @kixe, @Macrura and @adrian!

@adrian great thinking! I am embarrassed to admit I don't know where to find my modules database table. It doesn't seem to be in site/modules or wire/modules folders. Could you point me in the right direction?

2 minutes ago, kathep said:

Thanks for the speedy and helpful replies @kixe, @Macrura and @adrian!

@adrian great thinking! I am embarrassed to admit I don't know where to find my modules database table. It doesn't seem to be in site/modules or wire/modules folders. Could you point me in the right direction?

You will need to access this via PHPMyAdmin (or some other MySQL interface). 

46 minutes ago, adrian said:

You will need to access this via PHPMyAdmin (or some other MySQL interface). 

Done! I lost one image field (bummer) that was using the fieldtypeimageextra field. I discovered which field it was from the SQL database, but I couldn't change the image type in the admin interface because I kept getting an error. On the up side, the error messages are all gone and it looks like everything is working fine. 

• Like 1