How to import HTML with images?

antknight

I am after a bit of guidance on importing content to ProcessWire. I am using a program called Clarify to generate work instructions. I would like to use ProcessWire to put together a knowledgebase of work instructions.

I have Clarify outputting an HTML file and a folder of images for each work instruction which I would like to become a page in PW.

An example of the HTML output is attached.

How can I import these pages and the folder of images and keep the image links intact?

Many Thanks

Anthony

clarify-example.zip

For the topic how to import / batchimport content into PW you will find many posts with examples in the forums, - so I will focus on your special issue with your images that are linked to "./images/...." in your htmlContent.

Assumed, you use an importer script, that reads the following from a source:

• title / name of an entry
  • html content
  • images basenames

Assumed, that the importer script can access the imagefiles / knows where they are kept for the import.
And assumed that you have created a template with fields for those pages you want to create during the import.
Then you will come to a point, where you programatically create a new page:

$p = new Page($myTemplateObject);
$p->of(false);
$p->title = $theEntryTitle;
$p->parent = $theParentContainerPage;
$p->save();

Now you can add / import your images to an imagefield:

foreach($imagebasenameArray as $basename) {
    $p->imagefield->add($directorypathToImages . $basename);
}

Now all images of that entry resides in /site/assets/files/{PAGE_ID}/. And you have to modify your html-content to match this:

$p->body = str_replace("./images/", $config->urls->files . $p->id . "/", $htmlContent);
$p->save();

This way you will have the most possible flexibility with your pages, I think.

Please note: written in the browser, - may have bugs, - is meant as pseudo code. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By ngrmm
      I would like to create pages from a json feed.
      So i decode my json and create them via API.
      $jsonData = json_decode($jsonFromOtherWebsite); foreach($jsonData as $jsonDataItem) { $pageTitle = $jsonDataItem->name; $p = new Page(); $p->template = 'import_page'; $p->parent = $pages->get(xxxx); $p->title = $pageTitle; $p->save(); } Let's say the source (json) changes and i have to do another import.
      Then I want to compare the new json with the existing pages to see if there are new ones and if there some aren't there anymore.

Is there a way to compare the new JsonData with my existing pw-pages with the API.
      Something like
      foreach($jsonData as $jsonDataItem) { // check if a page with this title exist if($pages->find("template=import_page, title=$jsonDataItem->name") { // update existing field values $getExistingPage = $pages->find("template=import_page, title=$jsonDataItem->name"); // update value $getExistingPage->setAndSave('field', $jsonDataItem->x); } else { // create new page $pageTitle = $jsonDataItem->name; $p = new Page(); $p->template = 'import_page'; $p->parent = $pages->get(xxxx); $p->title = $pageTitle; $p->save(); } } // search for pages wich are not anymore in the json and hide/delete them // …  
    • By Joachim
      Long time user and huge fan of PW, but this time I can't find an answer to my question this time:
      For my social media buttons, I have a Repeater field called var_link_web with two fields: one is for the URL, and the other is an Images field containing two images that are used as a background-image for a <div>, of which the second is the ':hover' version (although activated through JavaScript here). 
      There are four instances of this Repeater, of which two are 'turned off'.
      I use the following PHP in my _main.php to call them, wrapped in <p><?php == ?></p>:
      $s_m_button = $variables->var_link_web; foreach($s_m_button as $button){ $button_image = $button->var_link_image->first->height(80); $button_image2 = $button->var_link_image->eq(1)->height(80); echo " <a href='$button->var_link_url'> <div class='image_link' style='background-image:url({$button_image->url})' onMouseOver='this.style.backgroundImage=url({$button_image2->url})' onMouseOut='this.style.backgroundImage=url({$button_image->url})'> </div> </a>"; }; ($variables leads to an unpublished page with several fields I want to have easy access to, and is defined in _init.php.)
      However, this gives me the following result:

I have no idea where the extra <p>'s come from. The URL field has the 'HTML Entity Encoder' turned on. What's even weirder is that the HTML source file seemingly renders correctly:
      <p> <a href='https://www.facebook.com/'> <div class='image_link' style='background-image:url(/site/assets/files/1045/icons-facebook-square.0x80.png)' onMouseOver='this.style.backgroundImage="url(/site/assets/files/1045/icons-facebook-square2.0x80.png)"' onMouseOut='this.style.backgroundImage="url(/site/assets/files/1045/icons-facebook-square.0x80.png)"'> </div> </a> <a href='https://www.instagram.com/'> <div class='image_link' style='background-image:url(/site/assets/files/1046/icons-instagram-square.0x80.png)' onMouseOver='this.style.backgroundImage="url(/site/assets/files/1046/icons-instagram-square2.0x80.png)"' onMouseOut='this.style.backgroundImage="url(/site/assets/files/1046/icons-instagram-square.0x80.png)"'> </div> </a> </p> Removing the JavaScript has no effect. I'm probably missing something obvious, but am at a loss here.

Thank you in advance!
    • By franciccio-ITALIANO
      Hi, I have created over twenty different templates for the same site.
      In all of them, the same long piece of html code appears. 
      Could someone suggest me the php code I need to write in the template files to link that piece of html code, which is always the same everywhere?
      What strategies could I use to link it?
      The problem is that this long piece of code that is identical everywhere, MAY change IN TIME. So, when I fix it, I would have to change it in all twenty template files.... 

• By Zendex
      Hi,
      I am trying to make a site for a studio, and I wanted to set a specific hover effect for my text. I want the background of the text to be lit up in the full height of the nav bar but it doesn't do it. I showed the expected result in the png in the attached files. I will also set the code here below, the top part is a css reset.

HTML:
      <!doctype html>
      <html>
      <head>
      <meta charset="UTF-8">
      <title>Zendex</title>
          <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
          <link rel="preconnect" href="https://fonts.gstatic.com"> 
      <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Offside&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">
      </head>
      <body>
          <div id="nav_bar">
              <div id="Zendex">ZENDEX</div>
      <ul>
          <a href="contact.html"><li>CONTACT</li></a>
          <a href="films.html"><li>FILMS</li></a>
          <a href="about.html"><li>ABOUT</li></a>
          <a href="home.html"><li>HOME</li></a>
              </ul>
          </div>
          <div class="main"></div>
      </body>
      </html>
      CSS:
      @charset "UTF-8";
      /* CSS Document */
      html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe,
      h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre,
      a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code,
      del, dfn, em, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp,
      small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var,
      b, u, i, center,
      dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li,
      fieldset, form, label, legend,
      table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td,
      article, aside, canvas, details, embed, 
      figure, figcaption, footer, header, hgroup, 
      menu, nav, output, ruby, section, summary,
      time, mark, audio, video {
          margin: 0;
          padding: 0;
          border: 0;
          font-size: 100%;
          font: inherit;
          vertical-align: baseline;
      }
      article, aside, details, figcaption, figure, 
      footer, header, hgroup, menu, nav, section {
          display: block;
      }
      body {
          line-height: 1;
          background-color: #6A6969;
      }
      ol, ul {
          list-style: none;
      }
      blockquote, q {
          quotes: none;
      }
      blockquote:before, blockquote:after,
      q:before, q:after {
          content: '';
          content: none;
      }
      table {
          border-collapse: collapse;
          border-spacing: 0;
      }
      /*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
      #nav_bar{
          overflow: hidden;
          position: fixed;
          top: 0;
          width: 100vw;
          height: 125px;
          background-color: #484848;
          border: solid 1px black;
      }
      li{
          font-size: 24px;
          text-shadow: 1px 1px 100px white;
          font-family: 'Offside', cursive;
          float: right;
          margin: 45px 50px 0px 0px;
      }
      #Zendex{
          font-size: 24px;
          text-shadow: 1px 1px 100px white;
          font-family: 'Offside', cursive;
          float: left;
          margin: 45px 0px 0px 100px;
          color: azure;
      }
      #home{

}
      #about{

}
      #films{

}
      #contact{

}
      ul{
          margin: 0px 50px 0px 0px;
          color: azure;
      }
      a:link{
          color: white;
      }
      li:hover{
          background-color: #6A6969;
          color: white;
      }

• By Vineet Sawant
      Hi,
      I'm trying to import some heavy data into Processwire, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to do it.
      Usually I use CSV to Pages plugin, but this time the data is too heavy(~40k rows with 10+ columns of excel sheet), thus this plugin can't help.
      I also tried Tasker plugin but I can't seem to go through the setup itself, it requires some template setup but I'm totally clueless about how to do it, so that plugin is not of any use either.
      I wanted to know from you guys how you do it and in future what would be the best way to migrate thousands of rows of data in to PW.

Thanks.