Sign in to follow this  
benbyf

right hook and arg for page name and slug?

hello! anyone happen to be able to give me a head start on which hook to use to get hold of a page title before it gets saved as a slug and nam. I'm trying to concat the url slugs.

Hey,

This topic might be interesting. Be sure to read all posts.

Also check out:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robin S
      Sanitizer EasySlugger
      Allows the use of the EasySlugger library as Sanitizer methods.
      Installation
      Install the Sanitizer EasySlugger module.
      Usage
      The module adds four new sanitizer methods.
      slugger($string, $options)
      Similar to $sanitizer->pageName() - I'm not sure if there are any advantages over that method. Included because it is one of the methods offered by EasySlugger.
      $slug = $sanitizer->slugger('Lorem Ipsum'); // Result: lorem-ipsum utf8Slugger($string, $options)
      Creates slugs from non-latin alphabets.
      $slug = $sanitizer->utf8Slugger('这个用汉语怎么说'); // Result: zhe-ge-yong-han-yu-zen-me-shuo seoSlugger($string, $options)
      Augments the string before turning it into a slug. The conversions are related to numbers, currencies, email addresses and other common symbols.
      $slug = $sanitizer->seoSlugger('The price is $5.99'); // Result: the-price-is-5-dollars-99-cents See the EasySlugger readme for some more examples.
      seoUtf8Slugger($string, $options)
      A combination of utf8Slugger() and seoSlugger().
      $slug = $sanitizer->seoUtf8Slugger('价钱是 $5.99'); // Result: jia-qian-shi-5-dollars-99-cents $options argument
      Each of the methods can take an $options array as a second argument.
      separator (string): the character that separates words in the slug. Default: - unique (bool): Determines whether a random suffix is added at the end of the slug. Default: false $slug = $sanitizer->utf8Slugger('这个用汉语怎么说', ['separator' => '_', 'unique' => true]); // Result: zhe_ge_yong_han_yu_zen_me_shuo_3ad66c4  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/SanitizerEasySlugger
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/sanitizer-easy-slugger/
    • By AndZyk
      Hello,
      when you add a page you can see the page name of the page under the page title field. But when you change the page title afterwards, you have to go to the settings tab to also change the page name.
      We have many clients that change the page title afterwards but forget to change the page name, because they don't look in the settings tab or forget it.
      Is it possible to show the page name on the content tab under the page title?
      I hate to say this, but I like how WordPress handles this better:

Or should I open an GitHub request?
      Regards, Andreas
    • By Sten
      Hello,

I still did not solve my problem about Hebrew letters. In fact, it is ok for Russian for example to have a transliteration of characters (one to one) but in languages like Hebrew, Arabic, it is better to slugify with phonetic like here :
      use EasySlugger\Utf8Slugger; $slug = Utf8Slugger::slugify('日本語'); // slug = ri-ben-yu $slug = Utf8Slugger::slugify('العَرَبِيةُ‎‎'); // slug = alrbyt $slug = Utf8Slugger::slugify('עברית'); // slug = bryt So I am planning to insert https://github.com/javiereguiluz/EasySlugger
      Should I create a module or just add a hook ?

I am a PW newbie.
      Thanks for your help

• By Sten
      Hello,

This is not directly about language module but I think I can get information from you.
      Can I add a vendor module to have all languages written automatically into name?
      I used this vendor module which is good with any language (hebrew, arabic...). How could I add it, so admin interface can use it ?
      Thank you
    • By Roberts R
      Can someone point me to the way how to fix title to name? so "ā" becomes "a" and so on. see attachment