Saving Emoji

Sebastian

Hi gang,

did any of you ever have to save emoji to the database (and get them out / render them later) per chanche? I'm struggling as to what's the best way to do it. Plain text fields isn't working of course, CKEditor isn't either.
If anyone had a quick hint as to where to look at I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Sebastian ?

You can put emoji in the database (use it in text fields), but you need to use the utf8mb4 charset for your tables, which you can choose on install. You can change it later as well, but I think there's no official upgrade path to do so. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, LostKobrakai said:

You can put emoji in the database (use it in text fields), but you need to use the utf8mb4 charset for your tables, which you can choose on install. You can change it later as well, but I think there's no official upgrade path to do so. 

Thanks LostKobrakai. I think I tried that, but in retrospect might have only changed the collation. Going to test setting both.

• 2 years later...

Not sure on my install path as I do it so many times i just do what works which is mostly dfault settings.

I was able to add ? ? ? emoji's into my site field labels as show with no extra work. Which is pretty awesome.

144343189_Screenshot2019-04-1014_33_08.thumb.png.97804cc46eb48c4535f792271b696778.png