adrian

Module Settings Import / Export

adrian    7,645

Hi everyone,

This is the new official thread for the module that was previewed some time ago here: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/14117-module-settings-import-export/

Big thanks to @Robin S for help testing and feature suggestions!

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/module-settings-import-export/

https://github.com/adrianbj/ModuleSettingsImportExport

Module features

• Ability to copy and paste settings from one PW install to another
  • Optional automatic backup of module settings on uninstall and ability to restore settings if you reinstall the module
  • Backup current settings at any time
  • Restore backed up settings at any time
  • Import option checks module name and version number and warns if importing settings from a different version

58b8ad9a23726_ScreenShot2017-03-02at3_40_38PM.thumb.png.717f4237132356614a01d62e58c1889f.png

As always, let me know if you find any problems or have any suggestions!

• Like 18

gmclelland    79

Hi @adrian, thanks for releasing this module.  I really like the concept.  I can see this being installed on every site.  I was able to copy over my TracyDebugger configs and AdminOnSteroids configs successfully.

It may be premature to ask, but is there a way to copy the configs of multiple modules at one time like you can do when you export your field settings?

• Like 2

adrian    7,645
2 minutes ago, gmclelland said:

Hi @adrian, thanks for releasing this module.  I really like the concept.  I can see this being installed on every site.  I was able to copy over my TracyDebugger configs and AdminOnSteroids configs successfully.

It may be premature to ask, but is there a way to copy the configs of multiple modules at one time like you can do when you export your field settings?

This is really the domain of 

although that module does still need a little attention.

That said, there might also be a place for it in this module - let me think on this a little more.

• Like 1

gmclelland    79

I was just reading about that module when you posted. :)

I just tried Module Toolkit...Wow what a time saver!  Thanks again adrian.

• Like 1

tpr    2,211

@adrian haven't you think about merging the two Module-related modules?

• Like 1

adrian    7,645
4 minutes ago, tpr said:

@adrian haven't you think about merging the two Module-related modules?

Yeah, I have and yesterday I decided not to because I didn't want to bloat this will all the tools available in Module Toolkit, but now I am second guessing that decision especially given that Module Toolkit is mostly a Process module so if you don't run it, it's not doing anything.

I'll think on this a little more - stay tuned :)

• Like 1

adrian    7,645

Some new features just added. Yes, these are starting to get into the functionality provided by ModuleToolkit, but I am still playing with the user interface and workflow trying to find the most efficient scenario. Along with the interface that is added to each module's settings page, this screencap shows the new interface available from this module's settings page. It shows a list of all stored module setting backups and adds a new interactive interface for selecting modules whose settings you want to copy to another site. As you check/uncheck modules, their settings will be added to the Settings textarea ready to copy to another site. If you paste in settings from another site and check "Update All", these settings will be imported into this site. You can choose to be warned of version mismatches, or force the import anyway.

Let me know what you guys think - am I on the right track with this, or is the ModuleToolkit approach better, or is there room for both? I still may combine the functionalities of both modules, or maybe even create a service that lets you manage your modules and their settings across multiple sites from once central dashboard.

modulesettinsimportexoport.thumb.gif.1e91eabbda1ba14359ec57bb7d2b6148.gif

• Like 2

cstevensjr    1,369
3 minutes ago, adrian said:

or maybe even create a service that lets you manage your modules and their settings across multiple sites from once central dashboard

I would be interested in this service.

• Like 2

jmartsch    118

I think the two modules should be merged, as they both serve module specific tasks.

• Like 1

adrian    7,645
On 5/9/2017 at 8:27 AM, jmartsch said:

I think the two modules should be merged, as they both serve module specific tasks.

I might do that sometime when I have more time.

On another note, I have just fixed the automatic backup of settings on module uninstall feature. Apparently it wasn't working properly :) Anyway, I think it's really useful so you know you can easily restore settings after an uninstall - very useful for some of the more complex modules out there.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bernhard
      hi everybody,
      this is a preview of a module that i'm working on for quite a long time. I needed it for an intranet office management application that i'm still working on. It makes it very easy to create very customized Datatables using the awesome jquery datatables plugin (www.datatables.net)

EARLY ALPHA release!
      It's very likely that there will lots of changes to this module that may cause breaking your implementations.

Module source
      sorry, removed as it changes too frequently; closed alpha - contact me if you think you can contribute

Remarks:
      The module is intended to be used on the backend. Loading styles is at the moment only done via adding files to the $config->styles/scripts arrays. Also the communicaton to javascript is done via the $config->js() method that is built into the admin and would have to be implemented manually on frontend use. But it would not be difficult of course
      Installation:
      Nothing special here, just download + install

edit: removed some parts, because i made a complete rewrite of the module! (see last posting in the thread)

Customization example:
      in the screencast you see an example that i'm using in a process module. i put the table inside an InputfieldMarkup just to have the same look&feel all around the admin. you see that you could also use this module to create tables quickly and easily using @kongondo s runtime markup module.
      complete PHP code:
      $this->headline('Kundenliste'); $form = $modules->get('InputfieldForm'); // init datatables module $dt2 = $modules->get('RockDataTables2'); // setup columns // name $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'name'; $col->title = 'Name'; $col->data = function($page) { return $page->title; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); // type $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'type'; $col->data = function($page) { return $page->rockcontact_type->title; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); // modified $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'modified'; $col->data = function($page) { $obj = new stdClass(); $obj->timestamp = $page->modified; $obj->display = date('d.m.Y', $page->modified); return $obj; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); // setup table $dt2->id = 'dt_kundenliste'; $dt2->js('/site/modules/ProcessRockProjects/dt_kundenliste.js'); $f = $modules->get('InputfieldMarkup'); $f->value = $dt2->render(); $form->add($f); // ################################## // ajax request -> return data // non-ajax -> render form + table // ################################## if($config->ajax) { echo $dt2->getJSON($pages->find('template=rockcontact, sort=random, limit=10000')); die(); } else $out .= $form->render(); return $out; what is interesting here is this part:
      // modified $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'modified'; $col->data = function($page) { $obj = new stdClass(); $obj->timestamp = $page->modified; $obj->display = date('d.m.Y', $page->modified); return $obj; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); datatables support orthogonal data (https://datatables.net/extensions/buttons/examples/html5/outputFormat-orthogonal.html). a date column is a good example, because you need to DISPLAY a formatted date (like 10.02.2017) but you need to be able to SORT this column by a different value (timestamp). its very easy to accomplish this by providing both values in your json. Btw: You could also just transfer the timestamp and do the formatting on the client-side via javascript. Next Example will show ho this would work. Both cases can be necessary, it's just an example here.
      [...] removed
      Why i created this module:
      of course i know @Soma s module but i needed a lot more features and the newer datatables version. also i like to define all the columns as objects and have everything on one place. lister & markupadmindatatable: nice for basic tables but lacks of features to modify the appearance of the cell values (like rendering icons, background colors and so on) datatables provides a great frontend API for filtering, showing/hiding columns, getting data, modifying it... it also plays well together with frontend charts like google chart api in this case:

todo / roadmap:
      all kinds of column filters (like seen in the example above that shows an older and bloated version of this module) support for ajax filters and pagination (currently all filtering and sorting is done on the client side. i tried it with up to 50.000 rows and got reasonable results. initial loading took around 10sec. but of course this heavily depends on the complexity of your table and your data.  

• By Robin S
      PageListTrash
      Allows non-superusers to trash pages directly from Page List (if they have page-delete permission for that page).
      Not much to say really - the module adds a "Trash" option to the extra actions for pages in Page List. It looks and works just like the Trash action available to superusers.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/PageListTrash/

Up to you whether you think non-superusers should be trusted with simpler trashing. For most cases I like the default behaviour where editors have to jump through some more hoops - I want them to think carefully about what they are doing. But if an editor needs to trash several pages then this module might reduce frustration.
      @tpr, by now you can probably predict what I'm going to say...
      ...something to merge into AdminOnSteroids?
    • By horst
      Wire Mail SMTP

An extension to the new WireMail base class that uses SMTP-transport

This module integrates EmailMessage, SMTP and SASL php-libraries from Manuel Lemos into ProcessWire. I use this continously evolved libraries for about 10 years now and there was never a reason or occasion not to do so. I use it nearly every day in my office for automated composing and sending personalized messages with attachments, requests for Disposition Notifications, etc. Also I have used it for sending personalized Bulkmails many times.

The WireMailSmtp module extends the new email-related WireMail base class introduced in ProcessWire 2.4.1 (while this writing, the dev-branch only).

Here are Ryans announcement.

Current Version 0.2.5
      get it from the Modules Directory Install and Configure

Download the module into your site/modules/ directory and install it.

In the config page you fill in settings for the SMTP server and optionaly the (default) sender, like email address, name and signature.
      You can test the smtp settings directly there. If it says "SUCCESS! SMTP settings appear to work correctly." you are ready to start using it in templates, modules or bootstrap scripts.

Usage Examples
      The simplest way to use it:
      $numSent = wireMail($to, $from, $subject, $textBody); $numSent = wireMail($to, '', $subject, $textBody); // or with a default sender emailaddress on config page This will send a plain text message to each recipient.

You may also use the object oriented style:
      $mail = wireMail(); // calling an empty wireMail() returns a wireMail object $mail->to($toEmail, $toName); $mail->from = $yourEmailaddress; // if you don't have set a default sender in config // or if you want to override that $mail->subject($subject); $mail->body($textBody); $numSent = $mail->send(); Or chained, like everywhere in ProcessWire:
      $mail = wireMail(); $numSent = $mail->to($toEmail)->subject($subject)->body($textBody)->send(); Additionaly to the basics there are more options available with WireMailSmtp. The main difference compared to the WireMail BaseClass is the sendSingle option. With it you can set only one To-Recipient but additional CC-Recipients.
      $mail = wireMail(); $mail->sendSingle(true)->to($toEmail, $toName)->cc(array('person1@example.com', 'person2@example.com', 'person3@example.com')); $numSent = $mail->subject($subject)->body($textBody)->send(); The same as function call with options array:
      $options = array( 'sendSingle' => true, 'cc' => array('person1@example.com', 'person2@example.com', 'person3@example.com') ); $numSent = wireMail($to, '', $subject, $textBody, $options); There are methods to your disposal to check if you have the right WireMail-Class and if the SMTP-settings are working:
      $mail = wireMail(); if($mail->className != 'WireMailSmtp') { // Uups, wrong WireMail-Class: do something to inform the user and quit echo "<p>Couldn't get the right WireMail-Module (WireMailSmtp). found: {$mail->className}</p>"; return; } if(!$mail->testConnection()) { // Connection not working: echo "<p>Couldn't connect to the SMTP server. Please check the {$mail->className} modules config settings!</p>"; return; } Following are a ...

List of all options and features

testConnection () - returns true on success, false on failures

sendSingle ( true | false ) - default is false

sendBulk ( true | false ) - default is false, Set this to true if you have lots of recipients (50+)

to ($recipients) - one emailaddress or array with multiple emailaddresses

cc ($recipients) - only available with mode sendSingle, one emailaddress or array with multiple emailaddresses

bcc ($recipients) - one emailaddress or array with multiple emailaddresses

from = 'person@example.com' - emailaddress, can be set in module config (called Sender Emailaddress) but it can be overwritten here

fromName = 'Name Surname' - optional, can be set in module config (called Sender Name) but it can be overwritten here

priority (3) - 1 = Highest | 2 = High | 3 = Normal | 4 = Low | 5 = Lowest

dispositionNotification () or notification () - request a Disposition Notification

subject ($subject) - subject of the message

body ($textBody) - use this one alone to create and send plainText emailmessages

bodyHTML ($htmlBody) - use this to create a Multipart Alternative Emailmessage (containing a HTML-Part and a Plaintext-Part as fallback)

addSignature ( true | false ) - the default-behave is selectable in config screen, this can be overridden here
      (only available if a signature is defined in the config screen)

attachment ($filename, $alternativeBasename = "") - add attachment file, optionally alternative basename

send () - send the message(s) and return number of successful sent messages

getResult () - returns a dump (array) with all recipients (to, cc, bcc) and settings you have selected with the message, the message subject and body, and lists of successfull addresses and failed addresses,

logActivity ($logmessage) - you may log success if you want

logError ($logmessage) - you may log warnings, too. - Errors are logged automaticaly

useSentLog (true | false) - intended for usage with e.g. third party newsletter modules - tells the send() method to make usage of the sentLog-methods - the following three sentLog methods are hookable, e.g. if you don't want log into files you may provide your own storage, or add additional functionality here

sentLogReset ()  - starts a new LogSession - Best usage would be interactively once when setting up a new Newsletter

sentLogGet ()  - is called automaticly within the send() method - returns an array containing all previously used emailaddresses

sentLogAdd ($emailaddress)  - is called automaticly within the send() method

Changelog: https://github.com/horst-n/WireMailSmtp/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

• By celfred
      Hello,
      I'm desperately trying to update my website to PW 3.0.62 and I'm facing issues to to module compatibility. I was stuck with Pages2Pdf which I managed to solve bu updating the module from Github, but now it's the Pages Web Service module... and this time, I don't know wht to do
      The Module is found there. But it is quite old and I can't find it in the modules catalogue... and my site is making quite a use of it (I can't think of a way to do otherwise, sorry...)
      After adding the FileCompiler=0 to the module pages, the error I'm stuck with is :
      Fatal error: Class 'WireData' not found in /home/celfred/PlanetAlert/site/modules/ServicePages/ServicePages.module on line 22
      and I have no idea on what to do... I must admit I'm not a programmer but a middle-school teacher... (for your information, here's the site I'm talking about : http://planetalert.tuxfamily.org ) but I'm struggling hard to solve the different issues I have to face and I'm wlling to understand things. I have just spent many hours trying to make 2.8 work on my localhost (and it seems ok ) but I'd like to switch to 3.x to prepare the future
      If anyone had the will to spend a few minutes to try and help me, I would greatly appreciate.
      Thanks in advance !
      If you need more information to understand my problem, feel free to ask.
    • By dimitrios
      Hello,
      I have created a module that, given a Facebook app ID and secret, posts on Facebook on behalf of a user profile or page after a PW page is saved.
      This module is configurable as follows:
      Templates: posts can take place only for pages with the defined templates On/Off switch: specify a checkbox field that will not allow the post if checked Specify a message and/or an image for the post
      Usage
      edit the desired PW page and save; it will post right after the initial Facebook log in and permission granting. After that, a token is kept.

Download
      PW module directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/auto-fb-post/ Github: https://github.com/kastrind/AutoFbPost   Note: Facebook SDK for PHP is used.