Grouping pages - Same page under different sectionss

mikeuk

I'm interested to know a good approach to grouping pages, where one page may be in two different groups (but re-using the same page for easy client editing).

To clarify for those familiar with Drupal, there I would probably use Taxonomies, Blocks and Context modules. A taxonomy term for each group would be attached to pages (nodes), much like product categories would be, and menus and links would use Taxonomies (the Context and Blocks for displaying different elements on page depending on which group was accessed, but I don't need this part now) .

Example organisation as follows (this is not PW Tree):

Home

- Courses

- - Course One

- - Course Two

- - Course Three

- - Course Four

- Adult Courses

- - Course One

- - Course Two

- Junior Courses

- -  Course Two

- -  Course Three

- -  Course Four

- Summer Courses

- - Courses Three

- Special Courses

- - Course Four

(The PW Tree would need to be with only one occurrence of each Course page)

I'm keen on the cleanest solution, ideally not adding modules, and a PHP solution no problem (though if it can be within PW as-is, great)

2 minutes ago, mikeuk said:

Thanks! Looks good, reading up on it now

And if the course options (like Adult Courses) are going to be just options, not entire page (with fields), you can use the Options fieldtype as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sérgio said:

And if the course options (like Adult Courses) are going to be just options, not entire page (with fields), you can use the Options fieldtype as well.

In this case, maybe pages also, but good to know for the future.

3 hours ago, LostKobrakai said:

The primer on the topic: 

Interesting read. Would need to go through that a number of times, but good to have such information in one place. With that and some other examples, problem solved.

In case anyone else needs to know about this, to get what I needed (or close enough), I used the Page field type with Input type as PageListSelectMultiple, then added multiples selections to pages created to be the different groups. Thanks all for the help.

• Like 1