Unable to IMagick Image Sizer on MAMP Pro 3

louisstephens

Not sure if anyone out there has successfully solved this yet (nor if this is the correct place to post this), but I am kind of stuck on this. I normally use MAMP pro 3 for setting up my dev work flow, and wanted to play around with ImageMagick. I knew I had to enable the extension in MAMP, which I simply just removed the ";" in front of extension=imagick.so in the php.ini and restarted the servers. However when I tried to install the module, i get the following error:

•  Unable to install module (ImageSizerEngineIMagick): This module requires that you have PHP's IMagick (Image Magick) extension installed

From what I have read, the extension should be installed and activated after I followed the simple steps, but processwire doesn't seem to recognize that it is activated. Has someone encountered this issue yet?

I am using php v7 with an install of processwire 2.8.35.

2 hours ago, louisstephens said:

I normally use MAMP pro 3

I have already upgraded to MAMP Pro 4 so I cannot be of much help here, but you might want to know that it is easy to "turn on" ImageMagick with MAMP Pro 4:

ImageMagick-MAMP4.thumb.png.ecdcc8e4e9555b8795f3156d5dff70ce.png

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it is MAMP Pro 4 I use...

Edited by szabesz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, szabesz said:

Maybe ImageMagick is not part of the default install of MAMP 3, so you need to add it to MAMP, I guess...

Yeah, this is really weird, it is installed in php 5.6.10, but not for php 7 . Perhaps there is a reason (that I am not aware of yet) that php 7 doesnt have the extension in MAMP.