Harmen

Product Selector issues

Hi all,

Currently I am working on a filter for all the products in a category. So I've set up a class and built a (PW) form in it. When the user clicks on continue the form should return a processform function which sets the variable of the form in a session. Later in the file I want to read out that session and use that variable to select which products should show up and which should be hidden. So now with code examples to make it a bit more clear for you:

In my file I start with a class:

class classname
{
    public function ShowForm()
    {
        $form = $this->Form1();
        if ($this->input->post->submit) {
            if ($this->processForm1($form)) $this->session->redirect("./");
        }
        return $form->render();
    }

Then a form inside the class:

protected function Form1()
    {
        $form = wire('modules')->get("InputfieldForm");
        $form->description = "Fill in the fields to find the mouse which fits your wishes";
        $form->label = "Mouse Selector";
        $form->action = "./";
        $form->method = 'post';

$f = wire('modules')->get("InputfieldRadios");
        $f->name = "Hand";
        $f->label = "label";
        $f->addOption(1, "1");
        $f->addOption(2, "2");
        $form->add($f);

$this->addSubmit($form, 'Continue');

return $form;
    }

This function is called when the user submits:

protected function ProcessForm1($form)
    {
        $form->processInput($this->input->post);
        $this->session->hand = (int)$form->get("Hand")->value;
    }

As you see I store the variable of the submitted form in a session. After closing the class I continue with building the page and then I want to read out that variable:

$value = $this->session->hand;
    $content .= "Value of 'Hand': " . $value;

But when I execute this on my website I cannot see the value of the form. Have I done something wrong or how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

~Harmen

Properties like $this->session and $this->input are only available in Wire-derived class, so you need either use wire() syntax throughout or extend Wire in your class declaration.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BitPoet said:

Properties like $this->session and $this->input are only available in Wire-derived class, so you need either use wire() syntax throughout or extend Wire in your class declaration.

Thanks, didn't know that! Changed the $this into wire(' ') and now it works!

~Harmen

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By snck
      Hi there,
      I have a problem constructing a selector that finds all pages that refer to pages with a specific template.
      I have pages using an event template and I want to show events based on a specific context. In this example I want to filter the results and only show event pages that relate to a specific template (exhibitions) in their page field related_pages.
      What I tried:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event, related_pages.template.name=exhibition"); Unfortunately it does not work (0 results).
      Same with this:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event, related_pages=[template.name=exhibition]"); At the moment I am helping myself with the following lines, but I have a strong feeling that there is a more efficient solution:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event"); foreach($events as $event){ if(!count($event->related_pages->find("template=exhibition"))){ $events->remove($event); } }  
      I really hope that one of you can help me out.
      Thanks in advance!
      Flo
    • By Kiwi Chris
      The selector in the following code included in a template is returning nothing, however if I take out the compId.resultsdate<={$today} bit, it works fine, although obviously not filtered on the date field.
      $today = strtotime(date('Y-m-d')); $setImages = $pages->find("template=competitionImage, compId={$page->id}, compId.resultsdate<={$today}, compSubject.name=s, imageRating.title=Merit|Honours,check_access=0"); Here's the results of an example from Tracey Debugger
      templates_id=79, resultsdate<=1587729600, status<2048   SELECT pages.id,pages.parent_id,pages.templates_id FROM `pages` JOIN field_resultsdate AS field_resultsdate ON field_resultsdate.pages_id=pages.id AND (((field_resultsdate.data<='2020-04-25 00:00:00' ) )) WHERE (pages.templates_id=79) AND (pages.status<2048) GROUP BY pages.id Over in my ready.php I have inside a hook that refers directly to the page template that's used for the pages in the page field above:
      $today = strtotime(date('Y-m-d')) $event->return = $event->pages->find("template=competition,eventEnd>={$today},eventStart<={$today}"); In this case the filtering on date fields (albeit different ones) works fine. Can anyone suggest why the filter on the date subfield of the page field isn't working?
      Just to confirm, I do have a date value in the field, and it is a date before today. 🙂
      The problem may be something blatantly obvious, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the selector is returning no results when I include the date filter.
    • By benbyf
      Hi, Looking to create form elements on a page–some input with a colection of form inputs and the appropriate labels and variables for that input. I've used ProForms in the past and rolled out my own when creating simply one off forms, but I wonder if anyone has found a good way of allowing form creation on page editing so that clients can adhocly make and edit forms?
      Thanks
    • By derelektrischemoench
      Hi guys,
      I'm facing a somewhat strange issue here which I can't quite wrap my head around. 
      I have a PW site in development which runs on three machines simultaneously, one staging server which is accessible as a preview instance for my customer, my PC and my laptop. 
      I have three completely identical settings on each of the three machines (same apache version, same php version, same codebase, same database); however on my PC I am unable to log into the backend. I get no error message or anything, when I try to login; i just get redirected to the login  page. I have already enabled database driven sessions (I enabled them on my laptop, then I dumped the database and copied it to my pc); I have cleared the cache directory; I cleared the sessions in the database; I cleared my browser caches, I tried different browsers, all to no avail; I am unable to login when using my pc, the instances all have the same .htaccess.
      Is there something I'm missing here or does anyone have a clue as to what my issue here might be? I'm using processwire 3.0.123
      Thanks for any input, greetings
      derelektrischemoench

//edit: I've noticed something interesting; despite the directories of my web folders being the same layout; when I open the admin page i get a 404 on the processwire/ resource in the networks panel of chrome; on my laptop I get a  200.... I guess this is where my problem is; but why?

• By derelektrischemoench
      Hi guys,
      I'm facing a somewhat strange issue here which I can't quite wrap my head around. 
      I have a PW site in development which runs on three machines simultaneously, one staging server which is accessible as a preview instance for my customer, my PC and my laptop. 
      I have three completely identical settings on each of the three machines (same apache version, same php version, same codebase, same database); however on my PC I am unable to log into the backend. I get no error message or anything, when I try to login; i just get redirected to the login  page. I have already enabled database driven sessions (I enabled them on my laptop, then I dumped the database and copied it to my pc); I have cleared the cache directory; I cleared the sessions in the database; I cleared my browser caches, I tried different browsers, all to no avail; I am unable to login when using my pc, the instances all have the same .htaccess.
      Is there something I'm missing here or does anyone have a clue as to what my issue here might be? I'm using processwire 3.0.123
      Thanks for any input, greetings
      derelektrischemoench