Comments Manager Error

quickjeff

Hey Guys, 

Hope everyone is doing well! It's been quite some time since I have had to reach out for some help. 

So far, I have launched over 20 ProcessWire sites in the last couple of months. I ran into an issue this morning. 

I have upgraded a ProcessWire site from 2.6 to 3.0.42 and have updated all the plugins. The error I am getting now is related to the comments manager that resides outside of the pages, under Setup. 

The error I see is the following:

Error: Call to a member function showInHeader() on a non-object (line 586 of /wire/modules/Process/ProcessCommentsManager/ProcessCommentsManager.module

I have never seen this error. Any thought on this guys?

There's a typo in the source. In the line in question, "$button" is missing one "t" (and $buton is of course undefined). This has already been fixed in the development version. Meanwhile, you could add the missing "t" by hand and not worry about updates since the fix will be in the next stable release.

• Like 3

Hi BitPoet, thanks for the suggestion. I will fix this asap! 

Another thing that came up is when using hooks and getting an error of an undefined function wire().

The site was built about 1 year ago without using namespaces, do you suggest to I simply roll it back to 2.8 instead of 3.0?

Switching to 2.8 would naturally be the easiest way to avoid namespace errors. It depends on how certain you are that you can find and correct these. Usually, getting things running with namespaces isn't that much work (just adding a namespace declaration here and there or enabling template compilation), but that of course depends on the complexity of they include file layout.

• Like 1