Installation stuck when using remote database(AWS RDS)

Karl_T

The database connection is successful. But I stuck with this screen without any buttons after the page entering database info. I cannot make it to reach the set admin info page. I have inspected the remote database and all the tables and fields are looking good(I use site exporter).

stuck1.thumb.jpg.ad5a83586a8ca004a5249d4eae1827c1.jpg

Thanks for the reply and link.

I have tried install the site profile with local database and it has no problem. But when I try using remote database, the same issue appears.

I have the debug mode on already, but no errors shown during the installation. Once I go back to homepage after stuck, the error shown 

Fatal error: Exception: Template 'admin' is used by the homepage and thus must have the 'guest' role assigned. (in wire\core\Templates.php line 145)

but it seems like the error due to incomplete installation. The error log also has the same error only.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any clue to get my exported site profile running by connecting remote AWS RDS. The issue should be due to the exported database file.

install exported site profile and remote connect RDS database > stuck

install exported site profile and local database > success

install blank site profile and remote connect RDS database > success

And then I tried not using the default processwire installer but import directly to the database and copy the existing files. It shows error that I don't have page "view" permission, then I gave up. I rebuild everything from blank profile again and connect processwire to the aws rds at the beginning and everything is fine.

So, the conclusion is if you want to use aws with rds, maybe you should connect to rds at the beginning, otherwise you may stuck like me.

And one small piece of information. RDS is very slow when using remotely. The response waiting time increase to 2 seconds from around 100ms. The normal ping from my place to their server is 70ms.