gerritvanaaken

Parsedown/Markdown: prevent autolink?

I’m using the core-embedded TextformatterMarkdownExtra module, but I do not like the autolinking of URLs. Can it be turned off somehow, or do I have to install a custom Textformatter plugin which has this option turned off?

5 hours ago, gerritvanaaken said:

Can it be turned off somehow, or do I have to install a custom Textformatter plugin which has this option turned off?

The module does not allow for any Parsedown settings to be set in the module config, so you will have to copy the module to /site/modules/ and make changes there.

If you use the Parsedown Extra flavour then you would edit line 70:

$str = $extra->setUrlsLinked(false)->text($str);

If you use the 'normal' flavour then do the same for line 62.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoritzLost
      This is a textformatter module that will automatically replace titles of other pages on your site with links to those pages. For example, if you have a template glossary-term, and mention the exact title of one page using that template in a textfield, the title will be automatically linked to that page (if the textfield uses that formatter). This is good for SEO, and saves you some manual labour. You can configure which templates should get automatically linked, and of course the formatter is only active for the fields you add this formatter to. Note that if you need more manual control over when and where titles are automatically linked, you're probably better of using Autolink from a Glossary by @mr-fan.
      Features
      Allows you to limit the automatic links by template. Only includes published & visible pages by default, with an option to include hidden pages. Automatically excludes the current page, with an option to change that behaviour. Supports multi-language sites. Titles will only be linked if a title in the current language is set. Can add configurable CSS classes to all automatically created links. Includes the ability to use page fields as replacement patterns for CSS classes. Queries the database directly for improved performance. Only queries the database once per request & language. Download & Documentation
      The module is now available in the modules directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/textformatter-page-title-links/
      You can download & install it through the backend using the classname TextformatterPageTitleLinks.
      To install it manually, download or clone the module from the Github repository into your site/modules folder and install through the backend.
      The complete documentation can be found in the README in the repository. Make sure to check out the module configuration page after installing the module.
      Requirements
      PHP 7.1 or higher ProcessWire 3+ (it will probably work in older versions, I haven't tested those though). This is my first module, I hope it may become useful to some of you 🙂
      If you find any errors or have some other suggestions or feedback, let me know!
    • By MoritzLost
      UPDATE: I have published a stable version of this module!
      Discussion thread:
      Github: https://github.com/MoritzLost/TextformatterPageTitleLinks
      ---
      Hello there,
      I'm working on a tiny textformatter module that searches the text for titles of other pages on your site and creates hyperlinks to them. I'm not sure if something like this exists already, but I haven't found anything in the module directory, so I wrote my own solution 🙂
      It's not properly tested yet and is still missing some functionality I would like to implement, so at the moment it should be considered in BETA. Features include limiting the pages that will get searched by template, and adding a custom CSS class to the generated hyperlinks. As I'm writing this I noticed that it will probably include unpublished and hidden pages at the moment, so yeah ... it's still in development alright 😅
      You can download the module from Github:
      https://github.com/MoritzLost/TextformatterPageTitleLinks
      There's some more information in the readme as well.
      Anyway, let me know what you think! I'm happy about any feedback, possible improvements or ideas on how to improve the module. Cheers.
    • By Mike Rockett
      As I mentioned in this issue, I've create a new textformatter for ParsedownExtraPlugin, which adds some oomph to your markdown.
      Repo: Parsedown Extra Plugin
      Unlike the built-in textformatter for Parsedown and Parsedown Extra, this should be used when you want to use Extra with additional configuration/customisation.
      Some examples:
      ### Test {.heading} - A [external link](https://google.com/){.google} with `google` as a class that opens in a new tab if the config property is set. - [Another link](/page){target=_blank} that opens in a new tab even though it isn't external. ```html .html <p>Test</p> ``` There's some config options available to you, such as setting attributes on all/external images and links, setting table and table-cell alignment classes, adjusting footnote classes and IDs, adding <code> attributes to their parent <pre> elements, and changing the <code> class if your syntax highlighter does not use language-*.
      I was thinking about adding the ability to make links open in a new tab by appending a plus to the link syntax, but only external links should be opening in a new tab anyway. Further, this would add extra, unnecessary processing time.
      Please let me know if you bump into any problems. ☺️
    • By Mike Rockett
      TextformatterTypographer (0.4.0 Beta)
      A ProcessWire wrapper for the awesome PHP Typography class, originally authored by KINGdesk LLC and enhanced by Peter Putzer in wp-Typography. Like Smartypants, it supercharges text fields with enhanced typography and typesetting, such as smart quotations, hyphenation in 59 languages, ellipses, copyright-, trade-, and service-marks, math symbols, and more.
      Learn more on my blog
      It's based on the PHP-Typography library found over at wp-Typography, which is more frequently updated and feature rich that its original by KINGdesk LLC.
      The module itself is fully configurable. I haven't done extensive testing, but there is nothing complex about this, and so I only envisage a typographical bug here and there, if any.
      Please do test it out and let me know what you think.
      Also note that I have indicated support for PW 2.8, but I haven't tested there as yet. This was built on PW 3.0.42/62.
    • By Robin S
      Remove Blocks
      A textformatter module for ProcessWire that removes blocks of text/markup between configurable delimiters from output. This allows you to "comment out" blocks of text/markup so they remain present in the field but are not shown in the front-end output.
      This can be handy if content needs to be removed temporarily and will later be reinstated. Or you could use a commented block as a placeholder to indicate to an editor where some content should be added.
      Installation
      Install the Remove Blocks module.
      Configure the open and close delimiters if needed. The default open delimiter is {{ and the default close delimiter is }}. Tip: don't use delimiter characters that CKEditor will encode to HTML entities, e.g. >.
      Usage
      Add the Remove Blocks textformatter to one or more fields.
      Add the open and close delimiters around any content that you want to be removed from output.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/TextformatterRemoveBlocks
      http://modules.processwire.com/modules/textformatter-remove-blocks/