Module not showing up

helmut2509

Hi, 

I am just trying to write a module following the respective instructions.

After having uploaded the module I did a Module Refresh, which popped up a PHP syntax error (which was in my module).

After having fixed the error I made again a Refresh, but the new Module did not appear. 

Then I used the "Add Module From Directory" Function but the new Module was not found.

It's strange that PW detected a syntax error in the new module but not the module itself.....

The syntax error is detected by simply reading the file, while a php class showing up as module does require a bit more steps to be correct. So you're modules folder does have the same name as the xxx.module file and the module class? Your module is extending Process or implementing Module? 

27 minutes ago, LostKobrakai said:

The syntax error is detected by simply reading the file, while a php class showing up as module does require a bit more steps to be correct. So you're modules folder does have the same name as the xxx.module file and the module class? Your module is extending Process or implementing Module? 

yes, the module extends the class WireData:

class MenuMaker extends WireData implements Module 

8 minutes ago, kongondo said:

Is that a "Yes, problem solved!" or a "Yes, I've ticked all the boxes but it still doesn't work!" :)?

Now I got it. PW takes the Module name neither from the file name nor from the folder name nor from the class name

but from the getModuleInfo function, which I have copied from a sample code....

Sorry!

• Like 1