ProcessWire Discord server

anttila

Hi all.

First of all, I want to thank you all who blessed us with this great CMS. I have done 20+ sites with this and I'm very happy. I love the API.

In case anyone is interested in using Discord to chat and talk about ProcessWire, I made server for us. Discord is a free voice and text chat app designed specifically for gaming, but it's very good for our kind of communities too. Chatting is similar to IRC, voice is similar to TeamSpeak or Mumble, and there will be coming new features like video chatting. Also chance to use notifications when someone talking in a specific channel, but the server's default is only notified when mentioned.

There can be multiple channels in one server; general, help, devtalk, security, specific languages. All can be public or accessed by only for a certain role.

And if you're not there, let's say for five days, you can still search or read things what people have talked since you were there last time (if mod did not purge that channel). Windows and Mac clients are very good ones, but Linux is still in beta. And of course, there is webchat too.

More information about Discord can be found here: https://discordapp.com/

Of course, all the ProcessWire developers can get moderator access to the server. Forums are, of course, very good place to discuss things (and I have found many answers from here), but that is not real time and getting the answers you need can take a lot of time here. People want to get their answers faster, right now, so that’s why Discord can be a very good way to grow our community. Think about it.

Invite link to server

• Like 6

• 1 year later...