• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rushy
      Hi. I've been using Processwire for a few years now and installed it on a few different shared hosting servers without issues, but I'm now running into an issue on a Fasthosts shared server that I've not seen before. The installation goes ok and I have a working default site profile but I am unable to complete any uploads of images. It just hangs at the progress spinner during the upload. I thought it might be a priviledge issue so have temporarily set the dir / file privs. as 777 / 666 just to test that but it made no difference. I have no errors in the wire log. In server error log I have:
      set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in ....htdocs/wire/core/ImageSizerEngine.php on line 1035 and i note in the assets/file dir. where the image is being stored the date on the file being created has a year of 1970 and 0 length. If I leave the page this file disappears and nothing has been stored. 
      Does anyone know how I can enable set_time_limit if this is likely to be the problem? 
      Many thanks! Paul
    • By Fanni
      Hi all, 
      I am having some issues uploading a PDF to our website (a problem we’ve had before).
      I have tried reducing the size of the PDF but the problem seems to be with generating the thumbnail image because the upload works under the Fallback mode but the thumbnail is terrible (see attached). 
      Does anybody have any advice about this? Please note that I'm not a developer. 
      Thanks!

• By michelangelo
      Hello there,
      I am building my website, which has a dozen projects with 10 images each. Basically, I need a filtering system but built in the most efficient and user-friendly way. You can see below that the images flow sideways so being hidden, JS lazy loading was a good tool, but I just wanted to try AJAX. Is it fit for this purpose or it's more for dynamic content?

• By iipa
      Hello forum!
      I have a site, where I want to remember two settings defined by user:
      1) Theme (light or dark)
      2) Language (Finnish or English)
      Because user makes changes to these settings on client side, I am a bit lost with how can I save them in ProcessWire $session variable? I would like to use $session for more reliable saving, and since it is only two variables I will use, I doubt it will become too resource-needy.
      I have tried using jQuery's post() -method referring to a file in Templates folder (theme.php), but I get 403 Forbidden Error. I don't like the idea of trying to post to same file user currently is in, which is why I thought having a separate file would be good in this.
      Contents of theme.php:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; header('Access-Control-Allow-Origin: https://domain.com'); $theme = $input->post['theme']; if(!empty($theme)) $session->theme = $theme; ?> Long story short: Does anybody have any pro tips I could use with setting and getting $session variables?
    • By louisstephens
      I have been messing around with creating pages from ajax requests, and it has gone swimmingly thus far. However, I am really struggling with creating a page and saving an image via ajax. 
      The form:
      <form action="./" role="form" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data"> <div> <input type="text" id="preview" name="preview" placeholder="Image Title"> </div> <div> <input type="file" id="preview-name" name="preview-name"> </div> <div> <select id="select-tags" name="select-tags"> <?php $tags = $pages->find("template=tag"); ?> <option value="">Select Your Tags</option> <?php foreach ($tags as $tag) : ?> <option value="<?= $tag->name; ?>"><?= $tag->name; ?></option> <?php endforeach; ?> </select> </div> <div> <button type="button" id="submit-preview" name="submit" class="">Upload Images</button> </div> </form>  
      The ajax in my home template:
      $('#submit-preview').click(function(e) { e.preventDefault(); title = $("#preview").val(); image = $("input[name=preview-name]"); console.log(title); console.log(image); data = { title: title, image: image //not sure if this is actually needed }; $.ajax({ type: 'POST', data: data, url: '/development/upload-preview/', success: function(data) { console.log("Woo"); }, error: function(xhr, ajaxOptions, thrownError) { alert(xhr.responseText); } }); }); And finally in my ajax template:
      $imagePath = $config->paths->assets . "files/pdfs/"; //was from an older iteration $title = $sanitizer->text($_POST['title']); $image = $sanitizer->text($_POST['image']); $p = new Page(); $p->template = "preview"; $p->parent = $pages->get("/previews/"); $p->name = $title; $p->title = $title; $p->save(); $p->setOutputFormatting(false); $u = new WireUpload('preview_image'); $u->setMaxFiles(1); $u->setOverwrite(false); $u->setDestinationPath($p->preview_image->path()); $u->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'pdf')); foreach($u->execute() as $filename) { $p->preview_image->add($filename); } $p->save(); I can complete the file upload but just using a simple post to the same page and it it works well, but I was really trying to work out the ajax on this so I could utilize some modals for success on creation (and to keep my templates a little cleaner). When I do run the code I have, a new/blank folder is created under assets, and a new page is created with the correct title entered. However, no image is being processed. I do get a 200 status in my console. I have searched google for help, but everything seems to be slightly off from my needs. If anyone could help point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.