SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'fubar'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Created the DB. Checked, repaired, flushed, deleted and let the system create it and continue to receive above error. I do not understand a 3 letter password error when the password criteria is a minimum of 5 letters and this error refuses to "go away"

The message just says the user or password is invalid, and that the client did provide a password. Invalid user may also mean that the configured user account is only valid for '%', which means any remote client, not localhost. You did create the fubar@localhost user, didn't you?

• Like 2

Yes to all the above ad nauseum. The first mental response is obviously the user creation but on most Host systems or at least mine SQL database is a very simple follow the bouncing ball and I have followed it with no problems many times which is probably why I can't "see" the obvious answer. 

Thank you for the response

It was a password failure. My host site had to reset the password. I should have asked for support early instead of after changing the passwords and deleting and creating the database a Gazillion times!

Edited by Hothanger
Host FIX
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mushmush45
      Hi, 
      Could anyone advise me on the following system requirements, which I am missing for ProcessWire installation:
      DO (pdo_mysql) is required (for MySQL database)
      Fail: GD 2.0 or newer  Fail: JSON support ZipArchive support was not found. This is recommended, but not required to complete installation.    
    • By cosmicsafari
      Hi all,
      I have been asked by a client whether we can setup load balancing for their existing Processwire site.
      From my investigations on Google and within these forums, it definitely seems possible but as a newbie with a basic understanding of the subject im a bit lost.
      Does anyone know of any existing tutorials for settings up load balancing with PW?
      What items would need to be changed on their current stand alone install, is there a list of best practices worth consulting etc?
      As I understand it we would need to have some sort of copying mechanism (rsync script most likely) in order to make sure any uploaded assets are shared between the main server and the fallback ones, other than that im not sure what else would need to be ammended.
      Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.
    • By neosin
      During the install process I can never get to Step 4 for setting up an admin account.
      It creates the database and in the screen it shows it installed the database and imported the SQL
      and under that it shows "Profile Import" but nothing else.
      I have the same result with master & dev branch.
      I looked in the database and do not see a user table of any kind, unless it has some other name than "users"
    • By godmok
      Hi everyone,
      I can't get my head around this, so maybe someone can help: I want to know how install the dev branch of processwire with composer.
      I use laragon and the "quick create" function and there you can run composer like this: "composer create-project processwire/processwire %s". OK, this is working, so I will get the master branch from it, but how about dev? I found some examples for laravel on this question, but no luck with it. Here some examples:
      composer create-project processwire/processwire %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev %s composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev %s --stability=dev composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev-master %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev-branch %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev composer create-project processwire/processwire:@dev %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev and so on... Maybe someone got this already and would like to share?
    • By paulb
      Hello,
      I recently started making a blog using Processwire and since i'm completely new, I struggle with a few things.
      I'm trying to make a comment section in my blog post, so I followed the tutorial and pasted the two code lines in my template.
      18 echo $page->comments->render(); 19 echo $page->comments->renderForm();  
      but now I have this error on my page :
      Error: Call to a member function render() on null (line 18 of C:\wamp64\www\processwire\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\templates\Post.php)  
      Am I missing something?
      Thanks for your help.