Password YES

Hothanger

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'fubar'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Created the DB. Checked, repaired, flushed, deleted and let the system create it and continue to receive above error. I do not understand a 3 letter password error when the password criteria is a minimum of 5 letters and this error refuses to "go away"

The message just says the user or password is invalid, and that the client did provide a password. Invalid user may also mean that the configured user account is only valid for '%', which means any remote client, not localhost. You did create the fubar@localhost user, didn't you?

• Like 2

Yes to all the above ad nauseum. The first mental response is obviously the user creation but on most Host systems or at least mine SQL database is a very simple follow the bouncing ball and I have followed it with no problems many times which is probably why I can't "see" the obvious answer. 

Thank you for the response

It was a password failure. My host site had to reset the password. I should have asked for support early instead of after changing the passwords and deleting and creating the database a Gazillion times!

Edited by Hothanger
Host FIX
  • Like 1