ProcessWire Conference 2013 / London / Cambridge

ryan

'lean' => 'leading'

'iron' => 'irony'

Don't want to be picky, but not iron - lead. Hence 'leading' (ledding, not leeding). 8)

Thanks, in my native language, iron is the same word for metal, so that's what I meant - metallic object (without specifying what metal). Anyway, thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...

My wife gets to go to a lot of medical conferences. I think she feels sorry for me so she told me I could go to my pick. So, I'm in wherever it's held. I'm in British Columbia Canada so anywhere in N.A. would be great but I'm willing to fly overseas too.

I was a novice Wordpress developer before discovering ProcessWire a couple of months ago. Am completing my first site with it and I'm ecstatic. So much easier to use than WP.

Aaron

• Like 4

For those of us on the west side of the Atlantic; I could help to organize a meeting/conference in Cancún. I give social media and SEO courses there 5 times a year, so I know the place and I am very enthusiastic about it. Don't you like caribbean beaches?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have some news about the potential conference in 2013. When I posted about this originally, I didn't know that we had another baby girl on the way, due around May. I am very happy about this, but it would also interfere with my ability to attend a conference. The baby would be too young to travel, and it's too much for me to ask my wife to be alone with a newborn + a 3-year old, while I travel across the world. So I have to put this conference plan on a back-burner while we figure out a better time to do it. Thank you for all of your interest in this conference. I'm really thrilled at all the enthusiasm this conference idea has received, lets plan to reschedule.

• Like 13

Hello,

First... CONGRATULATIONS RYAN!

I'm a father of a 4-year-old girl, so I know all about this.

Actually, knowing this about you makes me feel even more connected to ProcessWire. And it makes me want to get involved even more, since I also understand the challenges that come along with being a dad.

Maybe we can make a conference happen near you -- in Atlanta? I'd be happy to help organize it. My daughter is old enough to travel, and it could be a great experience for all of us.

Thanks,

Matthew

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I've always liked the idea of a conference in Atlanta, as we're kind of a conference capitol of sorts, with the world's busiest airport and all. But there aren't any PW users in or around Atlanta as far as I know, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to ask people to travel here purely for my convenience. On the other hand, if we piggybacked on some other conference here (AEA comes twice a year) that might be greater incentive for people. Most of the ProcessWire team is in Europe, so always thought that made the most sense. But that doesn't mean we have to limit it to that. Certainly one in the US makes sense too (just not as much). Also, if folks still want to have a conference on the original timeline, I'd totally support it in any way I could even if I couldn't be there myself.