Modules Manager

Soma

Hi, thanks for your reply on this. Did I say I love this community already?

My provider is not blocking allow_url_fopen, it is just off by default .So I could go and enable allow_url_fopen on my shared hosing. I am a bit over cautious about security (also because I do not consider myself being an excellent coder) and I like do disable as many powerful non-needed features as possible. Especially when dealing with new software (processwire) or complicated software (like my current Drupal installation, including the 103!!!! installed "beta"-type modules). That's why I asked.

And if you search for allow_url_fopen, you find tons of warnings.

I like the idea of this particular Module-Manager Module VERY much - it adds security, because it will make it really easy to keep my installation up-to-date.

So I would be willing to try the module with allow_url_fopen enabled, but if curl would also work (yes, I have that plugin running) even better.

An included download-link is not bad either.

Just installed this module on a live site and it told me that one of my modules needed updating - excellent. The module in question is MarkupSitemapXML, so I clicked 'Update' and got an error message to the effect that the zip file couldn't be opened. No wonder, as it contained the following (not zipped).

<html><body>You are being <a href="https://nodeload.github.com/Notanotherdotcom/MarkupSitemapXML/zipball/master">redirected</a>.</body></html>

:wacko: Dunno if anything can be done...

Yes the github urls are redirected when downloading the zip. Have you got the latest version? It works well on all my installs even with the redirect, not sure what doesn't in your case. Have you tried another download?

Just tested on XAMPP for windows - fresh download via the modules manager and worked fine. Can you try again as I've no idea why GitHub would feel the need to redirect you.

If that doesn't work, uninstall your copy, delete and try it as a fresh download through the modules manager.

Tried all the above, even down to uninstalling module manager and reinstalling, The module manager downloaded the redirect message both when updating the sitemap module and installing it from scratch.

As I said the github url does a redirect when using the zip url (button) on the github page. I recognized this but used curl then, so there's a setting to allow to follow. Not sure why it's not working with file_get_contents and redirects on your part. Think it's a php setting or something we'll have to try, maybe a context stream is needed in your case. Also I've seen there's a php bug. What version are you using? Can you try on another install or locally?

Hi, I still have this when trying to update the XMLsitemap module.

Error Class 'ZipArchive' not found (line 279 of /...mypath...../site/modules/ModulesManager/ModulesManager.module)

I am running the latest dev-version 0.0.9. How exactly did you make it work?

Hey, Ceberlin, make sure you have this extension enabled.

Found here:

Linux systems

In order to use these functions you must compile PHP with zip support by using the --with-zip[=DIR] configure option, where [DIR] is the prefix of the » ZZIPlib library install.

Windows

Windows users need to enable php_zip.dll inside of php.ini in order to use these functions.

Ah, this could be the problem. I am surprised if such a standard thing is not compiled in php at my provider. Need to check that.

A suggestion from stackoverflow that I like (testing and error handling):

Whether or not ZIP support is built-in may vary, though I guess most packagers will include it.

Then again, you could always test it by checking if the ZipArchive class exists by calling

class_exists('ZipArchive'); and show a nice error message or fall back to a more generic approach...

src: http://stackoverflow...-in-to-php?rq=1

Ah, this could be the problem. I am surprised if such a standard thing is not compiled in php at my provider. Need to check that.

A suggestion from stackoverflow that I like (testing and error handling):

src: http://stackoverflow...-in-to-php?rq=1

This IS the problem yes. Yeah I know I haven't implement the check for zip yet. Thanks for the link.

Great module. Installed right now. A little suggestion: could be nice to have a tooltip or something like this on the hover action of the info button to read information about the module instead of open the module page.

Hover the title instead. ;)

• 3 months later...

I have just made a little update to 101. The limit was hardcoded to 100. Since there's more than 100 now and some get filtered out, it wasn't showing all modules anymore.

Added config option for apikey and limit and set limit to 200 by default.

You should be able to update Modules Manager by Modules Manager.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Added support for Admin Themes install.

Let me know if it works for you. It's now updated to 1.0.2 and can be updated using Modules Manager, just refresh the cache and go.

Thanks Adam for reminding me implementing it! :)

- When installing it, it will throw a JS confirm as it will delete the templates-admin folder in site/ when found.

- It will look for a folder templates-admin in the downloaded folder and install it, or if not found it will move the content of the extracted folder to site/templates-admin (assuming it's already the templates-admin folder).

Thanks

• Like 3