Access to Processwire on NAS very slow

fryk

Hallo,

I use Processwire for a few months now. And I was really happy with it. Now, I have a problem that might be related to Processwire - or not. I hope someone can give me a hint.

My problem is this: Accessing my Processwire website is really slow on a ("local") XAMPP installation. Frontend as well as backend.

The situation: I used Processwire 3.0.42 / XAMPP for Windows 5.6.28-1 on my local PC to make a website. All worked fine. Then I moved my htdocs and mysql Database to a NAS (changed the mysql.ini / httpd.conf files), so my co-worker could access the files, too. From that point, processwire takes about 5 seconds, until a page starts to load. With plain HTML/PHP websites this problem doesn't seem to occur. I made a new Processwire Installation, but that did not change anything.

mysql shows no errors. Apache shows a few notices and warnings, mostly:

AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
AH00354: Child: Starting 150 worker threads.

Does anyone have the same problem, an idea what I could try to do, or even better, a solution? I really wonder why that is ... 

Thanks a lot!

Do you use XAMPP on the NAS as well or a serious webserver? There are multiple topics on the forums of XAMPP or generally locally hosted sites being slow, some of them were resolved by using 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost for the db. Maybe take a look at them.

• Like 2

Thanks for your hint. I will check it out.

XAMPP is only running on my local PC right now, and accessing the files on the network drive (QNAP TS 239 Pro2). Nothing special there. I just moved the htdocs folder and the mysql database there.

Edit: By the way, it happens on all browsers I tested it on. And all of them wait about 5 seconds untill they start to load the page. 

Oh, only the files are on the NAS. Then I'd imagine this slow-down is to be expected. Network drives are slow (and XAMPP not the fastest to begin with). Network drives can be quite fast transfering single bigger files, but for lots of small files like a php project it's bad.

• Like 1