didhavn

Bug in FieldtypePassword

Hey all.

I just came across a potential error in the FieldtypePassword.

I have a password field added to some templates to protect the pages. However, whenever I want to save a page, I get the error of "required fiield missing"...that the password field is required and missing. But, the field is not set to required.

Can anybody confirm that and/or has a solution?

Best, Lukas

pwpass_requirederror.jpg

I think password fields are required regardless of whether the "required" checkbox is checked or not. You'll notice that the system "pass" field doesn't have required checked.

You should be able to get around this though with this in your admin.php

$this->wire()->addHookBefore('InputfieldPassword::processInput', null, function($event) {
    $event->object->required = false;
});

You will probably want to limit it to your custom password field though, rather than all password fields.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Peter Knight
      Is I have a field called 'external_link' which accepts a url, is there an issue with the following code?
      <a href="http://www.<?=$page->external_link?>">Visit site</a> I've tried making the fieldtype both URL and Text and nothing seems to work and I send up with the following code when viewing source.
      <a href="http://www">Visit site</a> Normally I'd suspect that I named the field incorrcetly in my PHP or that the field isn't associated with the correct template etc. In this case, thats not the issue.
    • By anttila
      We are developing an App that sends data over the Internet to ProcessWire (POST/JSON). We want password to be protected somehow when sending it, but I should be able to compare it to PW's passwords. We were thinking of using md5 encryption, but PW uses different encryption.
      How can I be sure that user has active account when they use the App?
    • By theoretic
      Hi there! And thanks for Processwire!
      Maybe i'm not very attentive but couldn't find any tutorial on creating custom fieldtype with custom inputfield. Would like to make one for selecting color(s) from predefined list of colors. The closest existing match is FieldtypeSelectOptions with InputfieldSelect but i need something different. There's a very good post from @Soma   which is, however, insufficient to begin building my own fieldtype or at least to attach the existing inputfield to an existing field.
      Will appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
    • By Noel Boss
      Short description of the issue
      Since PW 3.0.88: When I try to retrive a croped file using the api filesManager() and it's basename, I get the original version instead of the croped variation.
      Expected behaviour
      Looking up a variation using the path and filesManager should return the variation file.
       $page->filesManager->getFile("/path/to/filebasename.400x400.jpg"); // $file->basename > filebasename.400x400.jpg Actual behavior
      The variation is returned.
       $page->filesManager->getFile("/path/to/filebasename.400x400.jpg"); // $file->basename > filebasename.jpg  
      » Is this a bug or do I miss something here?

Code:
      dump($page->filesManager->path.$input->get->filename('f')); $file = $page->filesManager->getFile($page->filesManager->path.$input->get->filename('f')); dump($file); dump($page->filesManager->path.$file->basename); Output:
      "/home/ubuntu/workspace/www/site/assets/files/-1579/colin-rex-434063.400x400.jpg" (79) ProcessWire\Pageimage #796f pageimages protected => ProcessWire\Pageimages #d195 original protected => ProcessWire\Pageimage #796f { RECURSION } variations private => null imageInfo private => array (2) width => 0 height => 0 error protected => "" pagefiles protected => ProcessWire\Pageimages #d195 data protected => array (6) basename => "colin-rex-434063.jpg" (20) description => "" tags => "" formatted => true modified => 1516025386 created => 1516025386 useFuel protected => true _instanceNum private => 870 localHooks protected => array () trackChanges private => 2 changes private => array (1) formatted => array (1) 0 => null _notices protected => array (3) errors => null warnings => null messages => null _wire protected => ProcessWire\ProcessWire #28d0 in .../www/site/templates/app/utils/download.php:29
      "/home/ubuntu/workspace/www/site/assets/files/-1579/colin-rex-434063.jpg" (71)
    • By Robin S
      Password Generator
      Adds a password generator to InputfieldPassword.

Usage
      Install the Password Generator module.
      Now any InputfieldPassword has a password generation feature. The settings for the generator are taken automatically from the settings* of the password field.
      *Settings not supported by the generator:
      Complexify: but generated passwords should still satisfy complexify settings in the recommended range. Banned words: but the generated passwords are random strings so actual words are unlikely to occur.  
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/password-generator/
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/PasswordGenerator