didhavn

Bug in FieldtypePassword

Hey all.

I just came across a potential error in the FieldtypePassword.

I have a password field added to some templates to protect the pages. However, whenever I want to save a page, I get the error of "required fiield missing"...that the password field is required and missing. But, the field is not set to required.

Can anybody confirm that and/or has a solution?

Best, Lukas

pwpass_requirederror.jpg

I think password fields are required regardless of whether the "required" checkbox is checked or not. You'll notice that the system "pass" field doesn't have required checked.

You should be able to get around this though with this in your admin.php

$this->wire()->addHookBefore('InputfieldPassword::processInput', null, function($event) {
    $event->object->required = false;
});

You will probably want to limit it to your custom password field though, rather than all password fields.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guy Incognito
      I added some custom styles to the CKeditor menu bar using the example mystyles.js and the PW tutorial. This worked fine for fields when editing on the frontend. But none of our custom styles showed in the backend editor dropdown unless we edited the core copy of mystyles.js in wire/modules.
      Is this correct behaviour, a bug or a mistake on my part? Tried clearing cache, logging in/out etc but the backend ignores our custom styles in the site/modules path.
    • By karian
      I don't know why multiple instances (repeater_repeat_columns1, repeater_repeat_columns2, ...) of my repeater field are displayed inside Template field (see image).
      Is there a way to clean/reset it ?

• By Thomas Diroll
      Hi guys I'm relatively new to PW and just finished developing a page for a client. I was able to include all necessary functionality using the core fieldtypes but now I it seems that I need to extend them with a custom one. What I need is a simple button, that copies the absolute url (frontend not PW-backend) of the page which is currently edited to the clipboard. As this feature is only needed inside a specific template, I tend to use a custom fieldtype which provides this feature. I've been looking inside the core modules code (eg. FieldtypeCheckbox.module) but I don't really get the structure of it and how its rendered to the admin page. I also didn't find a lot of tutorials covering custom fieldtypes.
      Maybe some of you could give me some tips on how to write a basic custom fieldtype that renders a button which copies the value of
      page->httpUrl() to the clipboard using JS. Thanks!
    • By BrendonKoz
      I began writing this module from scratch, basing it off simple examples of modules, trying to learn the necessary methods required to create a fieldtype. I was WAY off, but learned a lot. Eventually I moved towards examining the FieldtypeEvents example from Ryan and, in many areas, copy/pasting and then adjusting the code (and then trying to determine what it all was doing) method by method, file by file (from his example to my module).
      I've gotten to the point where I was ready to test the code - I haven't fully fleshed out my visual interface, nor integrated any of the 3rd party API tools this will (can) take advantage of. I also haven't implemented any JS or CSS for the interface. Right now I'm just trying to get it to save and then display any of the data that has been entered into the form fields of a template from the admin. When I save the page, the field is reset to defaults and no feedback message (for the field) is shown at the top of the page upon reload. When using Tracy Debugger from within the processInput method (immediately attempting to debug the $input variable), Tracy caught no data to be shown.
      If anyone has some time to take a quick look and see what I might've done wrong I'd be super grateful. I've had no forward progress in about 3 days (and like many others was unable to get Xdebug breakpoints working in PHPStorm). 😞
      https://github.com/BrendonKoz/FieldtypeBooks
    • By Peter Knight
      Is I have a field called 'external_link' which accepts a url, is there an issue with the following code?
      <a href="http://www.<?=$page->external_link?>">Visit site</a> I've tried making the fieldtype both URL and Text and nothing seems to work and I send up with the following code when viewing source.
      <a href="http://www">Visit site</a> Normally I'd suspect that I named the field incorrcetly in my PHP or that the field isn't associated with the correct template etc. In this case, thats not the issue.