Freisign — Landscape Architecture, Freiburg

diogo

Hey guys,

Here is our latest creation, a website for a landscape architecture studio in Freiburg, south of Germany.

http://freisign.eu/

As you can see this is a very simple site. The most complex pages are the project pages since here we wanted to give the editors flexibility to construct the content at their will. Because we had a decent amount of different content blocks the obvious choice was to use the "Repeater Matrix" ProField.

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 21.38.46.png

We also used the oldie "Page List Image Label" by Soma, which works pretty well for organising the admin of this kind of sites.

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 21.50.52.png

For the slideshows we used the excellent Slick Carousel jQuery plugin. It still amazes me how flexible and easy to use it is :)

The site is responsive, of course.

As always, opinions and suggestions are welcome!

• Like 9

Interesting layout but it works :) However, at first I was stuck because I didn't know where to click. Finally I found the Projekte in the Menu - I think there should be at least a link or a button on the Home page linking there. Also the images seem too heavy.

• Like 2

Thanks for your opinions @tpr.

When you visited the site we hadn't still implemented the images resizing, sorry for that :), the projects overview page should be much lighter now.

I'm a bit surprised with the menu problem. Although it's in German, the truth is that Menü is not that different from Menu, which is quite universal, and I also think the positioning in the right-top corner is also quite standard. Anyway if it confused you, it's great that you brought it up, your idea of referring to the projects page somewhere on the homepage might work pretty well as a guidance to where to go first. We'll consider this for sure!

Haha, "Menü" is 100% the same in Hungarian too :) I did understand it of course but if I land on a page I browse the entire page and don't look in the menü at once. Something like Latest Projects section should do no harm imho :)

Btw the menü should stay in place even if you mouse the mouse off of it. Now it disappears when you move the mouse to the right (where menuitems reside). I'm also not sure it's a good decision to have the menu toggle on the right and menu items on the left. I would surely move items to the right, or use a full-screen menu with centered items.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tpr said:

I'm also not sure it's a good decision to have the menu toggle on the right and menu items on the left.

+1 for this one. Personally I do not have any problems with the other issues @tpr mentioned, but having to move the mouse cursor back and forth is a little bit of a pita, although I uderstand that this way you just have one menu for both narrow and wide viewports, which looks ok, but far from being ideal regarding UX.

Edited by szabesz
typo
  • Like 1