Front end editing not working with different user roles

Christoph

We currently encounter problems with frontend editing of repeater fields, too: in our case it's simply not possible to frontend-edit repeater fields for users with a specific role, although these users are able to edit the respective repeater fields in the regular backend page editor. Superusers are able to frontend-edit repeater fields as expected.

This is what @design-a-point wrote in a different thread. I experience the same issue, but couldn't find a solution, yet. Any role other than superuser isn't able to front end edit a field. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

OK.

To help other members help you, please:

1. Describe your situation better. Saying you 'experienced the same issue but the other thread had a different topic' is hardly enough to go by. E.g. PW versions, what role(s), etc?
  2. Link to the 'other' thread. I had to Google to find it :). This is the other thread.
  3. Show us some code. What have you attempted so far?

Thanks.

Ok, sorry for any inconvenience!
While trying to better explain my problem I came up with a solution. Because the issues described in the post mentioned above are related, as I discovered, I wrote my solution over there: 

So, this thread is obsolete.

• Like 1

Hey @Christoph. There was no inconvenience and no need to apologise :). It's just that a properly formulated question not only helps those who can potentially come up with a solution, but also those who might have a similar problem in the future will be able to easily relate. Glad you got it working and thanks for sharing your solution!^-^

• Like 1