Module/Fieldtype for shop

suntrop

Hello!

I am looking for a developer to create a PW module/fieldtype.

In a nutshell. I am developing a shop and need a special fieldtype (I think so) for the price and product variations. It has to be accessible by an editor without the knowledge of fields/templates/etc.

For example: a shirt will have the variations/attributes 

- Color  [red, green]

- Size [S, M, L]

- Fabric [Cotton, Synthetic]

…  each variation will have its own price (and perhaps graduated prices).

All variations (Color, Size, Fabric) and their attributes (red, green – S, M, L etc)  must be created easily from the product page. (If you know Magento's "Configurations", that's similar). So in the first place you create the variations, then automatically create all combinations and set the prices for each variation separately.

That's a rough summary of what I need. I am not fixed to the way it has to be done, but more fixed to how it is used/displayed on the website.

If all that sounds like something you would like to do, please PM me! Unfortunately I'm late and need it ASAP … sorry :-)

It would be great if you can tell me a little bit about your PW experience, maybe similar work you have done and your time/conditions/estimate.

German and Englisch 

Cheers!

This, partly, looks like a job for Profields Table? However, this...

58 minutes ago, suntrop said:

All variations (Color, Size, Fabric) and their attributes (red, green – S, M, L etc)  must be created easily from the product page. (If you know Magento's "Configurations", that's similar). So in the first place you create the variations, then automatically create all combinations and set the prices for each variation separately.

...seems like you need the dynamism to be created during page edit. 

2 hours ago, kongondo said:

This, partly, looks like a job for Profields Table? However, this...

...seems like you need the dynamism to be created during page edit. 

Yes and no. Table is cool if you know what goes in. Not only the rows, but even the column count and column titles had to to be flexible. I have done a part with RepeaterMatrix, PageTable and Multiplier, but I am not quite happy with it.

Lisa, there is no PM from you?

4 hours ago, kongondo said:

… but it seems there could be upwards of 3 variations, e.g. colour, size, fabric as well as price. 

That is the bottleneck. There are even more than 3 variations (color, material, size, diameter, etc.) and a lot of products will have their own set of variations.

Do those variations have to be searchable? E.g. Should users be able to search for, say, a Purple shirt, of size M and material Cotton? If yes, then we could be talking a DB table for each variation with foreign keys to link the products. If not, then you might just about get away with storing everything in one column of a table using, say, a JSON string.

Edited by kongondo

Usually I prefer to be able to search everything. It hasn't top priority now, because the product variations won't have a front-end page, they are just selectable options for the product. As a workaround I could put the text into a hidden field and make this searchable from the front-end. So people can search for "red shirt" and won't find necessarily shirts only in blue (I know, it is not like that, but I think you get what I mean :-)

Can't you do this?

Each product is a page = parent / container. Here you also define all possible variations that each individual item can have.

Below are child-pages that serve as individual products. Each page is an individual item with the variations in size, color, fabric. These attributes would be simple checkboxes or radio-buttons / dropdown selects. Add a field for this template to hold SKU (article number) and one for price.

• 2 weeks later...