is page render cache always enabled?

sakkoulas

hi 

I have observed that processwire always cache my page even if i have disable cache from template, 

my problem is that trying to style the page and to be able to see my changes i have to clear the cache either by save the page again or delete the assets/cache/* or  inside module page render .

i have try  processwire v 3.0.39, 3.042, 3.051 

thanks 

Hi kongondo, 

im working local (MAMP), i have try with chrome and safari, also i access the page through local network from another pc and the first time load is getting the right data and after that return from cache, 

cant be sure about browser cache i will test it more. though  every time i clear the cache pages from assets/cache processwire recreate them,  don' t know if that matters.

thanks for your response

When it comes to styles, my bet's on browser cache. If you want Chrome to fetch assets from the server, leave the dev console open as you develop, or develop in an incognito tab. From what I know, ProcessWire does not cache anything in the frontend unless you implemented that yourself, e.g. MarkupCache, etc.

• Like 1

I see. I am not seeing that at all in my tests. Looks like a Markup or Field or most likely Template cache. Are you sure you did not accidentally enable cache for the template that page uses? See Cache Tab when editing the said template.

Edited by kongondo

Is this happening for all pages (i.e. for different templates) and all fields (i.e. title versus body fields, etc)?

Edit: Just notice you said you are using $p->render()? Can you show us some code?

Edited by kongondo
code request

no $p->render() just dummy html 

from processwire view thats right you save your content and its been update but im making html changes or writing some simple php code like  <?php echo time(); ?> foreach loops e.c and it doesnt show my modified code unless save the current page or manually clear the cache.