Nurguly Ashyrov

GraphQL for ProcessWire

59 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Nurguly Ashyrov said:

Now I don't really know how to go on with this thread. Should we abandon it and start new thread in the modules section? Or maybe this thread could be moved to modules section? What @moderators think of this?

Personally I think that this thread already includes so much great content that it'd be a shame to abandon it -- not to mention that it's more than likely that folks looking for details about this module would end up here anyway.

It's your choice obviously, but if you want, I (or any other moderator here) would be more than happy to move this thread to the modules section. Just let us know when you have decided what to do with it :) 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, teppo said:

Personally I think that this thread already includes so much great content that it'd be a shame to abandon it -- not to mention that it's more than likely that folks looking for details about this module would end up here anyway.

It's your choice obviously, but if you want, I (or any other moderator here) would be more than happy to move this thread to the modules section. Just let us know when you have decided what to do with it :) 

I agree with you on that. I think it would be best if we move this thread to modules section. So, please move it to the modules section. Then after I will update my first post of this thread a bit and add a module tag I guess :) 

3 people like this

On 18/03/2017 at 1:29 PM, Nurguly Ashyrov said:

I agree with you on that. I think it would be best if we move this thread to modules section. So, please move it to the modules section. Then after I will update my first post of this thread a bit and add a module tag I guess :) 

Moved :)

2 people like this

I am trying to use this module in the frontend. I added the following code:

<button class="graphBtn">Fetch data!</button>
<script src="<?php echo $config->urls->templates?>js/axios.js"></script>
<script>
  var $button = document.querySelector('.graphBtn');
  $button.addEventListener('click', function (e) {
    e.preventDefault();
    axios.post('/graphql/', {
      query: `
      {
        basic_page{
          list{
            title,
            summary,
            url
          }
        }
      }
      `
    })
      .then(response => {
        console.log(response.data);
      });
  });
</script>

And this is what I get back:

{
  "errors": [ { "message": "Must provide an operation." } ]
}

Do you know why? If I try the query in the GraphiQl admin I get the right data back. Do I have the wrong permissions set in the module?

1 hour ago, microcipcip said:

Do you know why? If I try the query in the GraphiQl admin I get the right data back. Do I have the wrong permissions set in the module?

No, it's not the permissions. You're doing everything properly.

I never tried this module with axios before, therefore this error is new to me. It turns out that axios sets the Content-Type header to application/json;charset=UTF-8 instead of application/json. That's where the problem was, because the ProcessGraphQL module would parse json payload only if Content-Type was set to just application/json. I changed the behavior and now it will look to your query in json payload if Content-Type contains application/json string in it. Please grab the latest version of the module and try again. It should work now.

Thank you for taking time to report the issue.

6 people like this

Now it works!! This is so cool...I wish I could like this thread twice :). Do you have any plan of adding the RepeaterField?

I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread yet, but I found this cool GraphQL tutorial that may be useful for someone new to GraphQL. When I learn GraphQL properly I'll test this module more, as I think it has huge potential for introducing FrontEnd devs to ProcessWire.

5 people like this

19 minutes ago, microcipcip said:

Now it works!! This is so cool...I wish I could like this thread twice :). Do you have any plan of adding the RepeaterField?

I am happy it works now :). The plan is to add support for all core fieldtypes. That includes RepeaterField also. I will try to keep everyone updated via this thread, and you can also keep with the changelog.

5 people like this

Hi, and thanks for this great module :)

Can you provide an example on how to create/update a page from GraphQL API ?

Tried it without success...

Thank you !