GraphQL for ProcessWire

dadish

25 minutes ago, dragan said:

Granted, I didn't do extensive testing so far, but I guess it throws errors each time when there is no value in a field. (hence, the selector "only show if images.count > 0" was working fine). Could that be? Earlier it just outputted empty nodes or null instead (which I would expect and is totally fine).

It could be. When some field is empty it should return null or empty array. Somewhere in the code it might be trying to return a value instead. I'm looking into FieldtypeInteger and can't quite figure out yet what I missed.

• Like 1

New Version 1.0.4

- Fixes empty value bug for FieldtypeInteger.

@dragan I was able to reproduce error for FieldtypeInteger. Turns out ProcessWire returns an empty string instead of null when FieldtypeInteger is empty. That's why GraphQL schema was complaining about getting empty string instead of Int.

Let me know if the latest patch works for you.

• Like 3

@dadish 

Thanks for the quick update / fix.

I tried it again today, and while empty int fields are no longer a problem, I get some other strange issues:

I can query some page reference fields, but not others. The error shown is like:

Spoiler

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "message": "Cannot query field \"title\" on type \"Page\".",
      "extensions": {
        "category": "graphql"
      },
      "locations": [
        {
          "line": 10,
          "column": 11
        }
      ]
    },
    {
      },
        {
          "line": 15,
        }
      ]
    },
    {
      },
        {
          "line": 20,
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

Unlike with the integer issue, the output stops, i.e. there is no additional data output shown.

I compared a pageref field that doesn't throw GraphQL errors with another one that does:

The one that works shows this in the documentation explorer panel: (when searching with the field-name)

ProductPageArray
ProductPage
ProjectPage.product
ProjectCreateInput.product
ProjectUpdateInput.product

While others just show:

ProjectPage.industry
ProjectCreateInput.industry
ProjectUpdateInput.industry

(project = template, product + industry = page reference fields)

Does that give you a hint what's happening behind the scenes? 

3 minutes ago, dragan said:

When you create a FieldtypePage field it can store a reference to any page. Which means the module cannot know which template those pages have upfront, which in turn means we cannot know which fields those pages will have when we generate the schema (except built in fields like id, name, url and etc). But if you set a particular template for selectable pages for that field, then it will detect it and additional template fields for your page references will be available.

So my guess would be that your page reference field does not have a template assigned to it. Is that your case?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dadish said:

So my guess would be that your page reference field does not have a template assigned to it. Is that your case?

No, they all have a template assigned (most though without a physical file - don't think that should matter).

12 minutes ago, dadish said:

which in turn means we cannot know which fields those pages will have when we generate the schema (except built in fields like id, name, url and etc)

I only ever just use the system-field title. Is that not included?

Strange thing is that if I replace title with name in the query, it works. But (again, just for some PR fields) if use title, I get errors.

27 minutes ago, dragan said:

I only ever just use the system-field title. Is that not included?

No, it's not. The title field can be removed from the page. so it's not included by default.

28 minutes ago, dragan said:

Strange thing is that if I replace title with name in the query, it works. But (again, just for some PR fields) if use title, I get errors.

In your graphql documentation, does your page reference fields has a title field in them?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dadish said:

In your graphql documentation, does your page reference fields has a title field in them?

Yes. 

PageType with template service.

title: PageTitle!
Field with the type of FieldtypePageTitle

It's listed in the config under "legalFields" (showing as "title (system)").

However, I can't choose it from legalPageFields, i.e. the dropdown doesn't list it.

2 minutes ago, dragan said:

However, I can't choose it from legalPageFields, i.e. the dropdown doesn't list it.

That's fine. You should set it under legalFields config. The legalPageFields is for built-in fields like name, id, path, url, created and etc.

I'm still not sure how this could be happening. You're the second person with this problem but I can't reproduce it. Page reference fields have title and I can query them on my installations. Is there any chance that you can reproduce this in any of the Site Profiles? Then you can export it with Site Profile Exporter and share with me. I will continue trying to reproduce it but it'll go faster if you help me with it.

• Like 2

When trying to fetch Repeater fields with module version 1.0.5, I get responses like this one:

[ 
	{ 
		"title": "", 
		"body": "", 
		"products": { 
			"list": [], 
			"__typename": "ProductPageArray" 
		}, 
		"__typename": "RepeaterProductGroupsPage" 
	},
	{ 
		"title": "", 
		"body": "", 
		"products": { 
			"list": [], 
			"__typename": "ProductPageArray" 
		}, 
		"__typename": "RepeaterProductGroupsPage" 
	} 
]

So I get an answer with the expected data structure (and no errors whatsoever), but the values of the fields are always empty. Also the amount of repeater items in the response matches with the backend. This is when I send the request from the frontend (via Apollo). Looking at the same query within GraphiQL returns the data with the correct values.

Could this be a permission problem? I correctly set the access permissions to view for all the fields mentioned in the query.

6 hours ago, charger said:

Could this be a permission problem? I correctly set the access permissions to view for all the fields mentioned in the query.

Yes, it is probably a permission problem. For the page fields. You need to make sure the user has view permission for the pages in the page field. So in your case, you need to make sure that user has a view permission for product template.

Not sure why the title and body are not showing up. But, If you are setting permissions in the template context, then you need to set them for the fields in your repeater too. Either via the repeater field settings or via the template that your repeater is using. That would be repeater_product_groups template, if I guessed the name correctly.

The template permissions are set correctly then. The guest role has view permission on the product template.

I’m setting the field permissions not in template context, but per field. So they all have the view permission, also in template context. Just double-checked that. What’s weird is that title and body generally work outside a repeater field. It’s only within the repeater field, that they return no values.

Any other ideas?

@charger So the bug you're facing is due to the fact that repeaters are pages under the hood and the module checks permission those pages as well and since you do not have view access enabled for your repeater template the values return empty. So in version 1.0.5 you just need to enable view access for your repeater template repeater_product_groups and the values should show up.

But since you are already enabling view for your repeater field I think it's safe to assume that you want to enable view for template that used by that repeater field too. So for latest version 1.0.6 that I just released you don't have to enable access to your repeater templates. Just enabling access to your repeater field is enough.

New Version 1.0.6

Just upgrade the module to the version above and let me know if it solves your problem.

• Like 2

Hi @dadish the module is awesome. But i have some troubles with language support.

Here is my query:

{
  language(name: "default")
  airport(s: "limit=4, sort=title") {
    list {
      id
      title
    }
  }
}

Here is the response problem:

{
    {
      "message": "Cannot query field \"language\" on type \"Query\".",
      },
        {
          "line": 2,
          "column": 3
        }
      ]
    },
    {
      "message": "Cannot query field \"title\" on type \"AirportPage\".",
      },
        {
          "line": 6,
          "column": 7
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

title field has type - Page Title (Multi-Language), but as it mentioned above response is "Cannot query field \"title\" on type \"AirportPage\"

Here is GraphQL module configuration screen.

image.thumb.png.52deabac2d789cf74b032aa527375c5d.png

Where did I make a mistake?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ilyas said:

Where did I make a mistake?

Nowhere. This is embarrassing. I forgot about language field when I rewrote the module for alternative graphql library. My bad, sorry.

New Version 1.1.0

I updated the module to support languages now. Please upgrade and it should work fine. Sorry for inconvenience and thanks a lot for the feedback.

• Like 2

Hello,
First i want to to thank @dadish for this very helpful module! 
I played around a bit with existing pages (in development) and i have a question regarding the "title issue":

I'm trying to get the title from child pages with this query:

{
  job{
    getTotal
    list {
      title
      id
      job_client {
        list {
          title
        }
      }
      children(s: "template=task") {
        list {
          title
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

the task template has the title field but i only get this result:

{
    {
      },
        {
          "line": 14,
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

Children results work with "name" instead of "title"...