PW 3.0.51: New site profile

ryan

Consistent with the plans of introducing new site profiles this year, we’ve started work on the new site profile, and have the first version ready this week. This profile contains a blog component and uses the new Uikit 3 front-end framework:

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/introducing-a-new-processwire-site-profile/

• Like 19

Hi @ryan

Thank you once more for the new site profile! I've been "playing" with it and found the following issues that might need improvements:

1. Preview image of the site profile is too big. Newcomers might not find the Continue button easily during the install process, especially that it blends rather well with the image of the screenshot.
  2. Categories should be named Tags, I think. In the context of a blog it looks more like tagging, or am I missing something?
  3. Is it intentional that the recently added  requireHoneypotField  is not part of the form?
  4. The X buttons added by uk-alert-close do not close their respective panels, neither in the case of the comment form nor in the case of the search form. Anyway, are they needed in these contexts? They look kinda useless to me, but maybe it's just me...

That's all for now :)

• Like 1

I'm not sure this is the right place to talk about the following (feel free to move it):

I've just installed this new profile with the latest PW 3 stable version (3.0.42 MASTER). 
It's the first time I install PW 3.

I've installed it on localhost (Linux Mint 18 - PHP7 - MariaDB). 

1) I can access the frontend and the backend.
But the profile/theme doesn't load well (see the uploaded image please). I have some ideas as to why but I'm not finding the solution yet.

Could it have something to do with compilation?

I've replaced the templates folder, cleared the cache...

Do I have to suppress files/folders from assets, for example?

2) In phpMyAdmin, I see MyISAM utf8_general_ci for each table (I created the database there. By default it was utf8mb4_general_ci, so, not sure, I suppressed it and recreated it).
But I also see 27 tables Total InnoDB utf8_general_ci.

At installation, I only clicked on advanded settings to see information related to utf8mb4 and InnoDB. I didn't change anything, as far as I remember.

In config.php I see :

$config->dbCharset = 'utf8mb4';
$config->dbEngine = 'InnoDB';

Is it normal or should I change it to?:

$config->dbCharset = 'utf8';
$config->dbEngine = 'MyISAM';

Thank you in advance.

uikit_3_site_blog_profile.png

Yes, why?

I didn't read the readme (this time). I didn't look closely enough at the requirements written on the profile homepage (demo or localhost).

And/or I didn't want to install the DEV version (I've never done it). I hope I can come back to the MASTER version with the upgrades module once the new master is out.
Perhaps my mind filtered the information.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Christophe said:

In config.php I see :

$config->dbCharset = 'utf8mb4';
$config->dbEngine = 'InnoDB';

Is it normal or should I change it to?:

$config->dbCharset = 'utf8';
$config->dbEngine = 'MyISAM';

I guess I can change them if I'm not using utf8mb4 and InnoDB, or just remove both lines to stay with the default options.

I guess these lines are here to show the new options.

• 1 month later...

No news from PM(s) so I'm posting here :-X:-[.

There is at least a difference between the demo and the profile.

The demo has class="uk-width-2-3@m" and the profile has class="uk-width-expand".

You can see the visual difference when you deactivate Javascript (in Firefox for example).

Without Javascript disabled, you can, sometimes, notice the (loading) difference when the content is not cached (first visit, and/or other reasons). It generates a little "bouncing" occasionally/in some cases.

Edited by Christophe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@ryan Hello,

Regarding UIkit 3 data- attributes without the actual data- prefix is regarded as invalid HTML by validators (eg.: validator.w3.org). Would it be possible that the "final" version of _uikit.php uses data- instead of leaving it out?

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

@ryan Currently we count the numper of pages listed on a paginated page (50 or less) and not the actual number of pages found.

A possible fix for this in search.php:

$selector = "title|body~=$q, has_parent!=2";

// Find pages that match the selector
$matches = pages()->find($selector . ", limit=50");
$matches_many = pages()->findMany($selector);
echo ukAlert("Found $matches_many->count page(s)", "default", "search");

4 hours ago, szabesz said:

Currently we count the numper of pages listed on a paginated page (50 or less) and not the actual number of pages found.

You can get the total number of pages found by a selector with a limit applied by using getTotal()

• Like 1

Oh, yeah, thanks! Then its even simpler to fix:

echo ukAlert("Found {$matches->getTotal()} page(s)", "default", "search");

Edited by szabesz
I should not try to write code in a browser :P