Suggestions for template work

suntrop

Hi all

I am looking for a good solution to give my content area more variety. In output, think of the WordPress page builder plugins. I really like you can put together the content depending of what you want to say (visually). In other words, I don't like pages with one content column (text from top to bottom, maybe an image floated to the right, etc.). I know you can create different templates and use them. But still you are stuck to exactly those templates and their repetitive content flow.

I had a look at the PageTable field and that was kind of what would be a good solution. I thought I create just content blocks (like a slider, accordion, two/three/four column block, parallax block, etc.) and put them on my pages together as I like. However, those blocks are stored as children and may interfere with actual children of that page, don't they?

Any suggestions to get more rich content areas? :-)

7 minutes ago, suntrop said:

However, those blocks are stored as children and may interfere with actual children of that page, don't they?

You can (I believe should in most cases) store the child pages for a PageTable in an external branch of the page tree - perhaps: Admin > PageTableBlocks

You should also take a look at the RepeaterMatrix pro field (https://processwire.com/api/modules/profields/repeater-matrix/).

If you decide to go with the PageTable field, also take a look at the PageTableExtended (http://modules.processwire.com/modules/fieldtype-page-table-extended/)

• Like 2

Cool, thanks for the links!

"One use case for a Repeater Matrix is as an alternative to a rich text editor for those cases where you want more fine-grained developer control." Seems to be exactly what I want :-) 

I found PageTableExtended before, but (still) don't know what it is about. Maybe with the missing images it would be more helpful. However, I think I'll go with the Profields