Doc

How to avoid the 301/redirection on the default language ?

Hello (again),

My project is a multilanguage one.

On the homepage, I have a header menu where I display link of features, example :

<?php 
    $lg = $session->lg;
    echo $page->localHttpUrl("$lg").'dashboard'?>
?>

My website displays french by default.

The homepage is : www.website.com/ (in french default language)

The link in the code above is rendered as : www.website.com/dashboard

When I click on this link, it does a 301 -> www.website.com/fr/dashboard

dashboard is a child page of the homepage.

When I does the same in a non default language, such as 'en' / english for example, it doesn't do that 301 because the generated link in my code is www.website.com/en/dashboard

I know there is an option in the core module LanguageSupportPageName to prefix the page of the default language by 'fr' (in my case), but apparently it's not recommended.

"Choose Yes if you want the homepage of your default language to be served by the root URL / (recommended). Choose No if you want your root URL to perform a redirect to /name/ (where /name/ is the default language name of your homepage)."

Maybe it's not recommended because it's causing a 301 when you arrive the first time on the homepage (from / to /fr).

So how I could generate my link in the menu such as it displays www.website.com/fr ? I can do it by hacking some php of course, but perhaps there is a PW way to do it ?

Thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stanoliver
      Hi! 
      The following code snippet is part of my markup simple navigation and the url_redirect (url field in the backend) just works fine when I put an special custom url into the url_redirect field.
      <?php $nav = $modules->get("MarkupSimpleNavigation"); // topnav $current = $page->rootParent(); // current root page // subnav echo $nav->render(array( 'max_levels' => 2, 'item_tpl' => '<h4><a class="g8-bar-item g8-hover-black" href="{url_redirect|url}">{title}</a></h4><hr class="sidenav">', 'collapsed' => true, ), $page, $current); ?>  In my seperated breadcrumb navigation I use the following code snippet
      <?php foreach($page->parents()->append($page) as $parent) { echo "<li><a href='{$parent->url_redirect|url}'>{$parent->title}</a></li>"; } ?> Now to the problem: In my first code snippet above the
      url_redirect|url 
      works just fine but when I try something similiar in the second code snippet
      $parent->url_redirect|url
      I produce an server error How do I have to change the second code snippet so that it works in the correct way as the first code snippet does?
    • By gregory
      Hi everyone.
      I can't see the PDF uploaded via a field called "pdf".
      I get a url like this: http://localhost:8888/mywebsite/site/assets/files/1129/test.pdf%EF%BB%BF%EF%BB%BF
      Could anyone help me? Thank you.
      <?php foreach($page->case_studies as $item) { if($item->type == 'contenuto') { echo " <a class='btn btn-primary btn-sm' target='blank' href='{$item->pdf->first()->url}' role='button'>Download</a> "; } } ?>  
    • By sins7ven
      Hi community, I am wondering if its possible to display languages based on what host/domain has been requested.
      The use case is the following: I have one installation of PW - and within this installation I set up 5 different languages (default, english, spanish, french, dutch). Now I have 3 different domains (domainA.com, domainB.com, domainC.com) and I want to decide which languages to make available based on what domain has been navigated to. 
      For example:
      domainA.com
       - default (domainA.com)
       - english (domainA.com/en)
      domainB.com
        - default (domainB.com)
        - french (domainB.com/fr)
        - dutch (domainB.com/nl)
      domainC.com
        - default (domainC.com)
        - dutch (domainC.com/nl)
      So what I want to achieve is making only these particular languages selectable in the language switcher on the frontend. Since all pages share the same templates and overall site structure I don't see the benefits of running this installation as a multisite setup or would it be better to do so? But I assume that this would be difficult to handle since the default language might change as well. (On the french version of the page, french should be the default language and so on). Any suggestions how to accomplish that? Thanks!
    • By ce90
      Hello everyone,
      hopefully this is the right place to ask and is not a duplicate question.
      I'm pretty new to processwire, so... if this question is kind of funny for some of you, you're welcome 😄 
      I have the following issue and can't find anything understandable about it. Maybe I'm searching the wrong way, but anyways.. here is my question:

How is it possible to rewrite the URLs, that I'll get a *.php ending?
      Example:
      https://www.mysite.de/urlsegment/ -> https://www.mysite.de/urlsegment.php
      https://www.mysite.de/urlsegment/urlsegment/ -> https://www.mysite.de/urlsegment/urlsegment.php
      Because I've read a lot about "Why do you wanna do this or have that?" – here my answer for that in advance:
      I've built a processwire installation inside or around an existing website. Therefore, we want to keep the existing *.php Google entries. Sure, we could redirect via 301 Redirect, but would prefer to keep the *.php ending.
      If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
      Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards
      ce90
    • By MateThemes
      Hello!
      I am fairly new to Processwire. In the past I used OctoberCMS for my project. But I have more and more multilanguage projects and OctoberCMS don't fit my needs anymore.
      My first question to the community is, is it possible to hide/disable content based on the language. I mean, can a content editor say in German I want this content block and in Englisch I wanna hide this content block, based on the same layout?
      Thanks for your answers.